cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Discover reports new cards?

New Member

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

Congrats on the Discover, had for a year now AUTO CLI 2 times now, awesome customer service!!

Message 11 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

Interesting thread! My Discover (approved in early September) hasn't reported yet. I have received my first billing statement on October 20 (kind of a long billing cycle from when I received/activated the card on Sept. 11). Anyway, still nothing on my EQ score watch. For me, it was definitely not true what was claimed in this thread that Discover would report almost immediately. I hope it''ll hit my reports soon.

Message 12 of 20
Frequent Contributor

When does Discover reports new cards?

I have found SW doesn't always work timely.  I would think it is already on the CR you just haven't received an alert.

 

 

Message 13 of 20
Super Contributor

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

My Discover More card reported before I received it in the mail within 6 days. 

Message 14 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

I received my Discover in late Aug, didn't report until after the first statement cut (maybe 4-5 days later). My first billing cycle also was very long, like yours.

Starting Score: TU 718 - EQ 665 2010
Current Score: TU 765 (3/2013) - EQ 748 (3/2013)- EX 781 (Mortgage Pull 12/14/11)
Goal Score: TU 750 - EQ 750 I MADE IT!


Message 15 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

 


Midnight29 wrote:
I received my Discover in late Aug, didn't report until after the first statement cut (maybe 4-5 days later). My first billing cycle also was very long, like yours.

Good to know. The first billing cycle was 48 days according to Discover's online statement. That's too long and irritating. I hope it'll be on the 30 day schedule now.

 

I'll let you all know when it reports.

Message 16 of 20
Valued Member

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

approved on 9/17/10 and reported Experian on 10/22.

Message 17 of 20
Moderator Emerita

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

 


wollepopolle wrote:

Interesting thread! My Discover (approved in early September) hasn't reported yet. I have received my first billing statement on October 20 (kind of a long billing cycle from when I received/activated the card on Sept. 11). Anyway, still nothing on my EQ score watch. For me, it was definitely not true what was claimed in this thread that Discover would report almost immediately. I hope it''ll hit my reports soon.


 

I'd guess that it hit Experian that night, and that it will post on TU and EQ by the 25th. Or 27th. Or 31st.

 

Since you're waiting on SW, you have two factors: you're waiting for it to get posted on EQ, and then you wait for SW to do its periodic check and then alert you.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?


haulingthescoreup wrote:

 I'd guess that it hit Experian that night, and that it will post on TU and EQ by the 25th. Or 27th. Or 31st.

 

Since you're waiting on SW, you have two factors: you're waiting for it to get posted on EQ, and then you wait for SW to do its periodic check and then alert you.


 So far, I still haven't received any alert through score watch. Today is the 30th. I guess I have to be more patient!

Message 19 of 20
Established Contributor

Re: When does Discover reports new cards?

Today's November 5 and still no update on score watch. Smiley Mad

Message 20 of 20