cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does a new card show up on reports?

tag
Kendro
Contributor

When does a new card show up on reports?

Opened an AMEX earlier in the month and the statement cuts 5/25. Can I expect it to hit my reports on 5/28?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: When does a new card show up on reports?

Sounds about right, it should appear a few days or so after the statement bill date. It will probably show up on EX first, EQ second, and TU last.

Message 2 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Kendro wrote:
Opened an AMEX earlier in the month and the statement cuts 5/25. Can I expect it to hit my reports on 5/28?

Maybe yes and maybe no. Mine did report a day or two after the first statement cut. (TU was later, as usual.) But others here have reported their Amex not reporting until the 2nd stmt. So, YMMV.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 15
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

My BCP lists that it cut on 5/18 but I don't see new account information reported yet. Also, not sure why they didn't wait 30 days for a full first statement - it said it covered 11 days.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure their is a deffinative answer on this one only because I too have recently opened a new AmEx Platinum card and I've had it about 3 weeks now and it hasent shown up yet?  Funny how the statement date was like two weeks after opening it and the closeing date was a month after opening it weird! 

Message 5 of 15
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

It just depends I opened my USAA Visa and it showed up the same day I opened Discover and it took 45 days YMMV

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 6 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@gettingstarted wrote:

It just depends I opened my USAA Visa and it showed up the same day I opened Discover and it took 45 days YMMV

Amex is known for not reporting a new account for 1 to 2 statement cycles.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope in my case  it's two cycles because that whole end of statement only two weeks after haveing the card really threw me off so I guess I'm going to be carrying a balance on that statment I thought I was going to have until the end of the month before a payment was due which is true but the darn statement cutting after only two weeks put me carrying a balance.  Darn it!!! 

Message 8 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

My first statement cut 2 weeks after activation (for both Zync and Costco) and reported w/balance. I also wasn't expecting it so soon, but fortunately had a small 5% bal so don't think it had much of an impact on FICO. I have ended up continuing to let my Amex stmts cut w/balances since they were low and also the Zync isn't supposed to affect your util.

Any dip will reverse if it reports 0 next month. So, unless you're planning on apping before then, you should be fine. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing your experience I already paid in full and yes I don't really think it will do much since it's a Platinum card (charge card) not credit.  It's just my pride is all I was so close to an 800 I know now it's going to be at least 3 months before my score goes down and then back up but crossing my fingers that when it does it put's me to my goal, come on 800!!!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.