cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does a new card show up on reports?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: When does a new card show up on reports?

I know... I hated seeing a 14-pt drop when a new account reported last week, because my AAoA year dropped to under 5 yrs. I'm trying to inch towards 800 and kind of went backwards. I keep telling myself that it's only temporary. Smiley Happy

You've got an awesome score! Is this your first Amex? If not, your score may go up with backdating. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really it could go up?  Well I have a Costco AmEx but it's only from 2010 I mean I did notice that my Platinum was backdated but I guess I really didn't think about it from that point of view wow now you have me all excited that it might actually get up their!  Thank you for the complement on the score too!!!  Your scores Rock too!!!

Message 12 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, it will be backdated to when you got the card, so either April or May 2010, which will add about 2 years to your overall age of accts. (different than your AAoA). Depending on how it affects your AAoA -- if it's enough to increase your AAoA years -- you could gain points, or at least offset points from the bal reporting. At least you won't get a ding to your AAoA, which often comes with new accts.

Hope you hit 800! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 15
Kendro
Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I know... I hated seeing a 14-pt drop when a new account reported last week, because my AAoA year dropped to under 5 yrs. I'm trying to inch towards 800 and kind of went backwards. I keep telling myself that it's only temporary. Smiley Happy

You've got an awesome score! Is this your first Amex? If not, your score may go up with backdating. Smiley Happy

Still anxiously awaiting my Score Watch to hit with my new AMEX so I can order a report and see what it does to my FICO. I think my AAOA will be 7 years with the new account so hopefully it won't drop more than 14 points.
Message 14 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

IMHO to those who are close to 800 and want to reach that goal don't even think about applying for anything unless you really need it.

I have yet to see a thread here where the OP stated that their FICO score was in the 790's and applied for a CC which brought their score over 800.

LOL I just got DirectTV for DW so she could get more Korean channels and was terrified when the CSR stated they wanted to pull my credit.  No INQ showed up on TU or EQ but I was more freaked out then when I apllied for an autoloan when my scores were in the 500's.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.