Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does chase close the 7% dividend?

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

When does chase close the 7% dividend?

Is it dec 31st or 1 year account opening anniversary?

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: When does chase close the 7% dividend?

@ac921ol wrote:

my understanding is 1 year of account opening.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@ac921ol wrote:

It goes by actual years, so ends with 2013 and takes a cycle to post.  most people get theirs in Feb.

Message 3 of 6
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

So it's at the end of 2013, (I'm going to message and confirm) I better apply for my chase business card so I can stack my UR points an start getting points for paying cellphones/internet and office supply.

also does anyone know about the UR points that have not posted to my account, but I have met the spend requirements? will those be included with the 7%?

Message 4 of 6
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

I transferred points from my freedom to my CSP, in hopes that they give me a 7% dividened on those as well.

Message 5 of 6
bribro
Valued Contributor

I answered your question in that other forum, but copy and pasted here for others:

It's calendar year, but not December 31st. It goes off your December statement date. Last year, I received my 7% dividend on my February 2013 statement and it was on all points earned from my December 2011 statement through December 2012. So in my case, I did not get the bonus points for purchases the posted on December 8th (my statement date) through December 31st; those will be included in next year's 7% dividend (which should post in February 2014).

If you plan to cancel or PC the CSP to avoid the AF after the first year, you should wait until January or February to apply. That way you get almost a full year to get the 7% dividend then cancel the card right as the AF is due. Applying in November/December is probably the worst time to apply for you don't plan to pay the AF.

@ac921ol wrote:

I transferred points from my freedom to my CSP, in hopes that they give me a 7% dividened on those as well.

You are not supposed to get the 7% dividend on transferred points. Technically, you're not supposed to get the 7% on your sign-up bonus either, but many (including myself) have.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.