cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does good accounts drop off the cr?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

When does good accounts drop off the cr?

I read that after 10 years closed accounts would drop off. Is it from 10 years of opening the account or 10 years from the last transaction or 10 years from the closing date of the account?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When does good accounts drop off the cr?

concorduser wrote:
I read that after 10 years closed accounts would drop off. Is it from 10 years of opening the account or 10 years from the last transaction or 10 years from the closing date of the account?

Concord --

Do you have access to a 'real' EX credit report?  I'm using the one I rec'd from my CLI denial from Target.  EX shows dates accounts are expected to fall off.  Off the top of my head, 2 of mine will fall off 7ears after DOLA and 13 SL's will switch to positive 7 years  after DOFD.

HTH

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent out a couple of GW letters to get a few of mine taken off of my reports. I think 1st premier is gonna do it. The closed accounts is making my reports look cluttered
Message 3 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

l9ikjam wrote:
I sent out a couple of GW letters to get a few of mine taken off of my reports. I think 1st premier is gonna do it. The closed accounts is making my reports look cluttered

Does FPB remove the closed account completely from CR? If so I'll write them a letter and see if they can remove it. It might help with the age of my other accounts. How about CapOne? Do you think they might also remove closed account completely from CR?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those accounts are aging right along with the rest... don't get them deleted!!!

You might have a hiccup when they fall off in 10 years - but if you have other accounts about the same age that are open - not much of one.  Why do you think Iike my low limit store/gas cards - no fee and they can grow old for me.
Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Those accounts are aging right along with the rest... don't get them deleted!!!

You might have a hiccup when they fall off in 10 years - but if you have other accounts about the same age that are open - not much of one.  Why do you think Iike my low limit store/gas cards - no fee and they can grow old for me.

My oldest account Amex from 1995 is still shows as open. I want to see if I can get rid off some of the closed accounts off my CR that can help the average age of other accounts. 
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that makes sense - be selective in what you go after...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.