cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does new Amex account show up online?

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

When does new Amex account show up online?

Just got the SPG. It gave me the card number and temporary CID number. I logged into my Amex account online and the new SPG card hasn't shown up there yet. I tried adding it unsucessfully using the card number they gave me. How long does it normally take before it shows up in an existing Amex online account?

**Edit to add** Nevermind. I just followed the link from the email to set up online access and got this message: We apologize for the inconvenience. This Card cannot be added to your existing online account at this time. Please try again when you receive your new Card in the mail.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: When does new Amex account show up online?

Mine showed up with second statement. Opps....I thought you ment on your CR. Smiley Tongue

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2 of 3
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: When does new Amex account show up online?

The sticker on the front of your new card will instruct you to activate the card at the AmEx website.

After you have activated, there will be prompt to guide you through the process of setting up your online account access and your PIN.

You will then have the ability to manage your account immediately.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.