cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?

Super Contributor

When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?

Are there any other places, besides having the link in the tools menu to appear, that will indicate a Citi account is ready for a CLI?
11 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?


DI wrote:
Are there any other places, besides having the link in the tools menu to appear, that will indicate a Citi account is ready for a CLI?

 

 

 

DI, as I've mentioned before in another thread on this same topic, the first time I was aware of a credit limit increase request link ( "Luv button" ) was when I saw it in the "Special Offers" section, to the right of the account information section.  That same space for me is now occupied by a link for a balance transfer offer.  I'm not exactly sure when it first showed up there, though...could have been six months, could have been 8 or nine months.

 

I don't know for sure if it had been in the "Tools" dropdown menu prior to that, as I was not looking for it.  But the link in "Tools" shows up every 90 days, like clockwork. The link has never appeared in the "Special Offers" section again. 

 

YMMV, but this is my experience with the CLI request link.

 

 

Super Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

DI wrote:
Are there any other places, besides having the link in the tools menu to appear, that will indicate a Citi account is ready for a CLI?

 

 

 

DI, as I've mentioned before in another thread on this same topic, the first time I was aware of a credit limit increase request link ( "Luv button" ) was when I saw it in the "Special Offers" section, to the right of the account information section.  That same space for me is now occupied by a link for a balance transfer offer.  I'm not exactly sure when it first showed up there, though...could have been six months, could have been 8 or nine months.

 

I don't know for sure if it had been in the "Tools" dropdown menu prior to that, as I was not looking for it.  But the link in "Tools" shows up every 90 days, like clockwork. The link has never appeared in the "Special Offers" section again. 

 

YMMV, but this is my experience with the CLI request link.

 

 


Thanks, I'll look for it near the special offers section. Currently, it only shows a BT offer.  The CLI link appeared 12/01 for me. It never went aways after pressing it.  I'm going to try again when my new statement generates on the 10th. 

Message Edited by DI on 12-07-2009 02:33 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?

Didn't you just hit the luv button? Smiley Wink

 

I've noticed a lot of your posts where you mentioned you were waiting for the luv button to appear and when it did you were not given a cli (sorry about that).  Hasn't it only been 4 months since you opened the account?  Give it some time, show Citi some "luv" by giving them a lot of usage, and they will return the favor every 3 months.  Smiley Happy

 

To answer your question, I have never seen the cli button anywhere else.

 

Good luck on future cli requests.

2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Super Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?


doood71 wrote:

Didn't you just hit the luv button? Smiley Wink

 

I've noticed a lot of your posts where you mentioned you were waiting for the luv button to appear and when it did you were not given a cli (sorry about that).  Hasn't it only been 4 months since you opened the account?  Give it some time, show Citi some "luv" by giving them a lot of usage, and they will return the favor every 3 months.  Smiley Happy

 

To answer your question, I have never seen the cli button anywhere else.

 

Good luck on future cli requests.


LOL. You are right.. I waited all that time.  Made charges and PIF every month.   I opened the account July 8, 2009.  

Super Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?

I don't know why I'm always seeking CLI's.  I am not a big spender.  I guess I like for the banks to reward me for carrying and using their cards. 
Established Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?


DI wrote:
I don't know why I'm always seeking CLI's.  I am not a big spender.  I guess I like for the banks to reward me for carrying and using their cards. 

+1

I'm the exact same way Smiley Wink

Senior Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

DI wrote:
Are there any other places, besides having the link in the tools menu to appear, that will indicate a Citi account is ready for a CLI?

 

 

 

DI, as I've mentioned before in another thread on this same topic, the first time I was aware of a credit limit increase request link ( "Luv button" ) was when I saw it in the "Special Offers" section, to the right of the account information section.  That same space for me is now occupied by a link for a balance transfer offer.  I'm not exactly sure when it first showed up there, though...could have been six months, could have been 8 or nine months.

 

I don't know for sure if it had been in the "Tools" dropdown menu prior to that, as I was not looking for it.  But the link in "Tools" shows up every 90 days, like clockwork. The link has never appeared in the "Special Offers" section again. 

 

YMMV, but this is my experience with the CLI request link.

 

 


When I visit the Citi website, the link offers a balance transfer accompanied by credit line increase when I transfer a balance.  Since I've no balances to transfer, and rarely use even 10% of my limit, I have not taken them up on the offer.

 

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Regular Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?


DI wrote:
I don't know why I'm always seeking CLI's.  I am not a big spender.  I guess I like for the banks to reward me for carrying and using their cards. 

I'm the same way!  I just set up reminders on my phone as to when I'm due for another CLI.  Waiting 3 months for citi, 4 for gemb, 6 for discover, Best Buy etc.  It gets tough!  But it feeds my hunger for new credit.  

 

Smiley Sad 

2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Super Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?


doood71 wrote:

DI wrote:
I don't know why I'm always seeking CLI's.  I am not a big spender.  I guess I like for the banks to reward me for carrying and using their cards. 

I'm the same way!  I just set up reminders on my phone as to when I'm due for another CLI.  Waiting 3 months for citi, 4 for gemb, 6 for discover, Best Buy etc.  It gets tough!  But it feeds my hunger for new credit.  

 

Smiley Sad 


Great idea!  I'm going to start doing that.  Thanks!