Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the QS1 AF appear?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does the QS1 AF appear?

Does it appear on the first statement or your 12th statement?

The same question can be asked to all cards that have AFs, does the AF always on the first statement, or after your first year is over?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When does the QS1 AF appear?

@Anonymous wrote:
Does it appear on the first statement or your 12th statement?

The same question can be asked to all cards that have AFs, does the AF always on the first statement, or after your first year is over?

It varies from creditor to creditor but most appear on first statement or sometimes the second one.  They never appear at the end as it would defeat the purpose of an AF as card holders could take advantage of the card's benefit but then cancel at the end of the year before the AF posts.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what irish80 said. Cap 1 has also been known to waive the AF in some instances. After you establish some rapport with them either ask to waive it or to PC to a regular QS. Hopefully it's the only Cap 1 AF you have to pay Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

My account was opened on 5/28 and the annual fee posted on 6/5, the day after I activated my account.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine appeared right after I activated the card, but then I called EO and nicely asked them to waive it, which they did (permanantly) and refunded the amount that I had already paid for the fee.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.