Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the annual fee get charged? B of A

tag
Poorfico24
New Contributor

When does the annual fee get charged? B of A

Recieved my first statement for my BofA secured card, and I haven't been charged the $39.00 annual fee yet. Do you normally pay the annual fee in the first few months after getting a new credit card, or is it after the first year?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: When does the annual fee get charged? B of A

you shouldve recieved it on your first statement. thats when mine was due

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 6
Jlu
Established Contributor

Mine was too.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Exactly one month after I opened the account. (10/9/11 opened, 11/9/11 AF assessed)

Technically it was the first entry on my second statement at least in the online interface listing.

        
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure it's the same with all annual fee's or not but I know with my AmEx Platinum the charge did not show up until the second statement!

Message 5 of 6
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Exactly one month after I opened the account. (10/9/11 opened, 11/9/11 AF assessed)

Technically it was the first entry on my second statement at least in the online interface listing.

+1 That's exactly how mine occured.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.