cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does walmart usually come out with statements?

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: When does walmart usually come out with statements?

@jsucool76 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

They just gave me a $300 CLI after 2.5 months because I called and asked for one. Now is CLI time for the walmart card because they are doing a 0% offer on all electronics purchases over 429$

how the $429 work >? so if you make a purchase for $500 and they generate your bill for $500...........then you just had to make a minimum payment or .... i need some explain to this one p

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

They just gave me a $300 CLI after 2.5 months because I called and asked for one. Now is CLI time for the walmart card because they are doing a 0% offer on all electronics purchases over 429$

how the $429 work >? so if you make a purchase for $500 and they generate your bill for $500...........then you just had to make a minimum payment or .... i need some explain to this one p

no its a no interest offer. 

You have your limit. 

Anything you buy in walmart for 429 or more has no interest for 6 or 18 months. not sure what walmart does. and all you have to do is make minimum payments. but if you dont pay off the balance before the time is up (6 or 18 months) they charge back interest. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

If you make an electronics purchase for more than $429, you get 0% financing for 18 months I think it is. 

I have no intentions of making an electronics purchase, but when they do promos like this, if you mention it they'll usually throw you a bit of an increase because they think you're going to make a fairly substantial purchase. My limit was only $500 so I said I couldn't purchase anything over $429 since that would max out my card. 

Message 13 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

but they orig interest is 22.9 % how do they seperate them from your regular purchase ???

Message 14 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

but they orig interest is 22.9 % how do they seperate them from your regular purchase ???

You bring in a coupon which you get emailed to you (if you have the card) OR it is available on the walmart credit card page

Coupon

When you make your purchase you have the cashier scan it and then you get 0% for 18 months. 

Message 15 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

are their qualify for the future promotion 0% might as well >?? anyone know ?

Message 16 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

I think its there all the time if you ask in store the person has a coupon to scan. 

like the same thing with best buy. I believe if its 249 or up is 0 for 6 months and 499 and up is 18months 0 interest. 

How do they know? Trust me they know. Basically how it works. When you pay your bill. Your highest interest gets paid first. 

So lets say you take advantage of that. 

You buy a 600 dollar TV and have a 2k limit. Then you charge 1k in the next month. and you only pay 900. none of that goes to the 0 interest purchase. 

and if you don't pay off in the 18 months they charge you all the interest you would of accrued if you didn't have the deal. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 17 of 19
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

I think its there all the time if you ask in store the person has a coupon to scan. 

like the same thing with best buy. I believe if its 249 or up is 0 for 6 months and 499 and up is 18months 0 interest. 

How do they know? Trust me they know. Basically how it works. When you pay your bill. Your highest interest gets paid first. 

So lets say you take advantage of that. 

You buy a 600 dollar TV and have a 2k limit. Then you charge 1k in the next month. and you only pay 900. none of that goes to the 0 interest purchase. 

and if you don't pay off in the 18 months they charge you all the interest you would of accrued if you didn't have the deal. 

Your highest interest gets paid first for all amount paid over your minimum payment. They can do whatever they want with the minimum part of your payment.

Message 18 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

so let said i did paid my balance in full on 12 months period and using my card again after the bill had paid in full ? do they still charge interest on it ? i mean im kinda confuse............

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.