tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: When i can CLI CAP 1 VENTURE 1

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I will be real curious if they actually hand out SP cli or CLI's at all on these recent round of approvals at >10k+ or if that is the limit you are set at with for life.  

it better be not my life limit

Well, as a point of reference, I've had my CapOne $10k limit since 2003, through the credit crisis, BT and paid down, running more heavy BT through it. Recently asked for a CLI, first time ever, and was denied for, basically, not enough usage.

That is the basis of my statement that if one runs $9k through a $10k card on a regular basis, CapOne might consider a CLI. However, these recent CL that are being granted seem to already anticipate a certain spend level that the cardholder has demonstrated, and build in a buffer above that, thus, I will be very surpised if any of these large CapOne limits are ever increased for the cardholder, ever. Ever.

Did you go through EO? The online CLI request often tells me I can't have one due to lack of use of the card. This is true however, since at most I run several hundred through a 10k card and some months I don't use it at all. I haven't tried the EO other than the first time when I went from 5k to 10k. Back then it was one of my two only cards so it saw pretty heavy use though. 

No, did not, because I was just seeing if I could get a CLI with no HP. It was not a huge effort on my part, to be sure.

But my unscientific observation still stands, these new cards seem to be a stretch goal for the cardholder to fill them up with regular spend, and above $10k, any CL takes a special volume of spend to fill up. So I could be wrong on some cases, but in the situation where one of these new CapOne Venture cards has a CL of $10k or above, it just seems really unlikely that the cardholder is going to see a CLI.

That is a different statement than if they use the card for a while then re-app for a new Venture card. New apps are famous for realizing larger CL, but that isn't a CLI.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I will be real curious if they actually hand out SP cli or CLI's at all on these recent round of approvals at >10k+ or if that is the limit you are set at with for life.  

Well, as a point of reference, I've had my CapOne $10k limit since 2003, through the credit crisis, BT and paid down, running more heavy BT through it. Recently asked for a CLI, first time ever, and was denied for, basically, not enough usage.

That is the basis of my statement that if one runs $9k through a $10k card on a regular basis, CapOne might consider a CLI. However, these recent CL that are being granted seem to already anticipate a certain spend level that the cardholder has demonstrated, and build in a buffer above that, thus, I will be very surpised if any of these large CapOne limits are ever increased for the cardholder, ever. Ever.

Did you go through EO? The online CLI request often tells me I can't have one due to lack of use of the card. This is true however, since at most I run several hundred through a 10k card and some months I don't use it at all. I haven't tried the EO other than the first time when I went from 5k to 10k. Back then it was one of my two only cards so it saw pretty heavy use though. 

No, did not, because I was just seeing if I could get a CLI with no HP. It was not a huge effort on my part, to be sure.

But my unscientific observation still stands, these new cards seem to be a stretch goal for the cardholder to fill them up with regular spend, and above $10k, any CL takes a special volume of spend to fill up. So I could be wrong on some cases, but in the situation where one of these new CapOne Venture cards has a CL of $10k or above, it just seems really unlikely that the cardholder is going to see a CLI.

That is a different statement than if they use the card for a while then re-app for a new Venture card. New apps are famous for realizing larger CL, but that isn't a CLI.

When I went through EO they did not do a HP. Getting a decent CLI through the online feature has never been the best way to go with cap 1. The vast majority of significant credit line increases I have seen have come through the EO, so I don't think we can draw conclusions just by clicking the online button, other than the conclusion that clicking the online CLI is not effective. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 20
NRB525
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

When I went through EO they did not do a HP. Getting a decent CLI through the online feature has never been the best way to go with cap 1. The vast majority of significant credit line increases I have seen have come through the EO, so I don't think we can draw conclusions just by clicking the online button, other than the conclusion that clicking the online CLI is not effective. 

True enough. Then the next question still is: how much spend is required to boost a CapOne $10k limit to something meaningfully higher? CapOne seems to have gone bonkers recently with these new limits. Whether that translates to going bonkers on the CLI remains to be seen.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

True enough. Then the next question still is: how much spend is required to boost a CapOne $10k limit to something meaningfully higher? CapOne seems to have gone bonkers recently with these new limits. Whether that translates to going bonkers on the CLI remains to be seen.

I don't know since I have not bothered contacting EO a second time yet. Has anyone here with a 10k+ line had experience contacting EO for a CLI?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if you spend a lot and pay in full they will cli. If not then they won't. Chase is the same way. But I actually use my chase. A lot.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

as one of the customer service rep told me. "you are free to apply for credit limit increase at any time. but getting approved for it isn't guaranteed".

Message 16 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

+1 showing the greed I see. some members. people need to remember. income plays a huge role as well as score. so although cap 1 is great right now with SL. i don't see cli coming. do like the other person. went for QS after 10k on Venture. so now have two 10k cap one cards. thats the way to go and stay in it long term.

Message 17 of 20
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I contacted Cap 1 a few months ago to convert my two cards. One was a regular rewards card and the other was a non- rewards card.  Those were converted to a QuickSilver and a Venture card. I try for a CLI every 6-7 months. My QS is due so I started that process today. Tried the Luv Button and received a message saying it will be reviewed. I'll wait for the answer in a few days. Will most likely be no. Then I'll contact the EO.  Each card currently has a $6k limit. My highest CL is my Barclay Rewards - $8k. My goal for this year is at least one card with a $10k limit. I'm going to request $8k this time and $10k in August.  My high balance was $5400. A few weeks ago. I paid it down to $0.00 before the statement closed yesterday. It's rare that I run balances up that high so I'm wondering how many more increases I'll be granted. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 18 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Total agreement.  Those cards are not part of the credit steps (though I am interested in what limit I receive through credit steps).  Wonder if they are automatically signature?

Signature needs updating
Message 19 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Another agree.  Was told several times to wait for offer, or wait till annual fee shows up, and keep hitting the love button.  Getting placed through the EO office for manual review (and several CSR supervisors refuese to do this), led to switching quicksilver one to quicksilver.  The EO is much better than the regular web site approvals.  But, those expecting greater limits above 5k might be disappointed.

Signature needs updating
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.