cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is 1st Amex FICO update? New SP for 1st CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When is 1st Amex FICO update? New SP for 1st CLI?

I'm aware that most Amex cardholders have said it takes 2 or 3 cycles for their acount to report to the bureaus.  My question is during these 2-3 cycles when the account hasn't yet been reported, does Amex typically SP the cardholder at all?

I ask because it's been just about 2 months since my account was opened, and my EX FICO score hasn't changed (same June date / score) so I thought this could mean that they haven't done a SP to result in a new score.  Or, is it posslble that they have done a SP at some point but simply don't update the score for a while when an account is first opened?

This weekend I hit my 61 day mark, so early next week on Tuesday or Wednesday I'm going to request my first (3X) CLI.  What I'm wondering is if they'll be using the original HP they used for my approval (2+ months old) when I request the CLI, possibly a SP somewhere along the way, or is there an instant SP that takes place at the time of an Amex CLI request that's used in the decision rendered?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When is 1st Amex FICO update? New SP for 1st CLI?

They will use the last SP they pulled this may occur after the current score showing on your account page, some times new accounts take awhile to reflect the latest updates on a monthly basis. My closing date is the 19th and they just pulled mine on the 10th of this month.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so they don't SP at the moment of a CLI request then?

I assume you've had your account for more than 2 months?

Since I have no way (easily) of checking my SPs, I'm not sure if Amex has SP'd me since my application was approved.  For those out there that have been able to see their SPs from pulling an actual report in the first 2 months of an Amex account, did you receive a SP in the first 2 months?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, so they don't SP at the moment of a CLI request then?

I assume you've had your account for more than 2 months?

Since I have no way (easily) of checking my SPs, I'm not sure if Amex has SP'd me since my application was approved.  For those out there that have been able to see their SPs from pulling an actual report in the first 2 months of an Amex account, did you receive a SP in the first 2 months?

They SP'd almost exactly every 6 days when I first opened my ED, but the score wasn't reflected in my 61 day CLI request. The prior month FICO was listed on the denial letter. Then my score updated like 3 days later UGH Smiley Mad

I have seen any SPs since getting my BCE other than the regular monthly one.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They SP'd almost exactly every 6 days when I first opened my ED, but the score wasn't reflected in my 61 day CLI request. The prior month FICO was listed on the denial letter. Then my score updated like 3 days later UGH Smiley Mad

I have seen any SPs since getting my BCE other than the regular monthly one.

Interesting.  I wonder if waiting for a SP (EX FICO update) on a new account (> 2 mo, < 3 mo) would impact the decision on the first CLI request at all...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW I contacted Amex through chat tonight and they didn't provide much.  The person I spoke with said they didn't know if a former pull would be used or a new pull would be used in my CLI request... they did say that my first 2 cycles of heavy usage with PIF were good looks (smiley face) basically, but that's about it.  We'll see in a few days when I request that $30k limit Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.