cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is a good time to ask PNC for a CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When is a good time to ask PNC for a CLI?

I just recieved a PNC Points CC one month ago with an initial line of $2000. My score has already gone up over 20 points. When is it ok to ask for an increase? I think sometimes with PNC it's a hard pull. 

4 REPLIES 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: When is a good time to ask PNC for a CLI?

It's likely a HP upon request.

Just assume anytime that you're seeking a higher credit line that it's going to happen.

As for PNC there are a few members that have their cards but i'm not one of them so i couldn't possibly be of any advice to you on that.

Message 2 of 5
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I got a PNC CashBuilder card back in December with a $3k limit. I was thinking about that too. I plan on letting it auto CLI.

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 Core Visas that I used for the 18 month BT offers, one from February & the other from June. I'm almost positive they'll be HPs for CLI, and they're known around these parts for being super conservative.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just recieved a PNC Points CC one month ago with an initial line of $2000. My score has already gone up over 20 points. When is it ok to ask for an increase? I think sometimes with PNC it's a hard pull. 

I've had the Core Visa since September 2015 but have never requested a CLI. I did speak with an UWer during the approval process and she explained all CLIs are HPs. If it were me, I would wait 6 months before requesting one. Good luck!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.