Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When new cards report to credit reports

tag
red259
Super Contributor

When new cards report to credit reports

I know different lenders report at different times when it comes to new accounts. My question is more about what happens if you don't use the card when you first get it? Will the card not report until you do that first transaction or it will report no matter what even if its in your SD from approval? I know for a fact some lenders report the new account right away, but are there lenders that will not report it until there is some activity? If so who?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: When new cards report to credit reports

All of mine reported within 30 days of opening whether I used them or not. I have some sitting there unused since they day I applied but they are still reporting. 

Message 2 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't ran into any lender that holds reporting until a transaction is made.  Everyone I've got in my wallet reports regardless of use...with Sync being one that reports even before you get the card. 

Message 3 of 5
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

I haven't ran into any lender that holds reporting until a transaction is made.  Everyone I've got in my wallet reports regardless of use...with Sync being one that reports even before you get the card. 

I have heard that sometimes a company might not update if there there has been no recent activity. My Overstock card hasnt updated in a few months so i'm wondering if I need to charge something other than just making payments. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My NY&C card reported at the same time as Express (about 3 weeks later), and I haven't spent a dime with NY&C where I made 1 purchase with Express. Funny enough, I got Cap 1 cards a week later and they haven't reported yet. It's been a month for those.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.