Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When requesting a Pay for Deletion...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When requesting a Pay for Deletion...?

When requesting a Pay For Deletion, does one deal with the collection agency or the original credit card company?

I settled a credit card debt for over half of the balance almost two years ago.

The collection agency proved to be quite untrustworthy as I had worked out a settlement arrangement with them and they completely reneged.  I had proposed a settlement of half the debt and they agreed to accept three equal payments, in three consecutive months, on the condition that I wired the first payment the next day.  I did so, and then by the next day they were seeking payment of the full balance, stating that I had nothing in writing from them so they did not need to honor the deal. I had to work out a new deal in writing with them and the large first payment barely counted toward my fulfillment.

So I am hesitant to trust the collection agency in regard to honoring the deletion if promised.

Should I approach the original credit card company with a PFD request?  Or must it go through the collection agency.

And if they agree, does the debt and all record of it really just disappear from your credit report?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When requesting a Pay for Deletion...?

I do believe you must PFD whoever is reporting.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent question & can someone please confirm answer ?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strangely enough, I was digging deeper and deeper into the information available in my Experian credit report and I just found out a reference that this account is scheduled to drop off my report in January 2008.

It will be great if it actually does but I thought that it would be on there for much, much longer.

Hopefully, this will have a positive effect on my score.

Will all reference to this entire account really just disappear?

I just wish it was coming a few critical months earlier as we are going for a mortgage soon and hope to buy a house in December.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.