Frequent Contributor
Mank

When should I apply for Schwab Invest First??

I want to apply for the Schwab Invest First card around the middle of May. At that point all my cards will be reporting a $0 balance except AMEX at exactly 1% of my AMEX credit limit. Taking a stab at EX score, should be around 750-770. The only hitch is that I really want to trade in my car for a Toyota Prius. I'm hoping to qualify for the 0% financing, 2.9% at the worst. My experience with Toyota tells me that they report pretty much immediately, so I'm anticipating that I'll have the new Toyota loan and a loan for my other car reporting as open. Should I wait on the Prius and take the chance that the financing rates will go up and the one I'm interested in will sell? Or should I go for it on the Prius, and apply for Schwab on the phone to explain the circumstances. The prius payment should be about $350 less than my payment now, so that could also be a positive for my Schwab app, but that's only if they take my word for it on the loan being closed. Should I risk getting the Prius before applying for the Schwab?

trashgolem

Re: When should I apply for Schwab Invest First??

I hate to break this to you, but Schwab officially stopped offering this card as of April 1.  You missed your shot.

Might I suggest the Fidelity 2% amex instead?  It's pretty much the same I think, except that it's amex instead of visa.

Frequent Contributor
Mank

Re: When should I apply for Schwab Invest First??

Oh man, day ruined. I don't know how I missed that, I've been posting and planning for this card for months. I was waiting for my latest inquiry to pass a year. Bummer! I'll start looking into Fidelity, thanks for the rec.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}