Regular Contributor
inquring_minds

When should I apply?

My Trans Union, Equifax and Experian are 610, 655 and 673 respectively.  I have (1) charge off in dispute because the account was re-aged and should not be on my TU report per the SOL.  Is it safe to apply? need a revolving acct to have a good mixture of credit?

Thoughts?
:smileyhappy:
Great Credit is Sexy :smileywink:

May 2013 - TU 699 / EX 718 / EQ 737

Established Contributor
bren39

Re: When should I apply?

Pretty decent scores..I sure would be applying..
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Senior Contributor
imducky

i've done ok with lower scores. amex plat skymile 2k, citi diamond pref. rewards 3.5k (those were the good ones).

get busy and hurry over to the sleigh center when the dust settles.
Regular Contributor
VLGaffEsq

If I were you, I would hold off applying until you get that "baddie" off your report and raise your FICO scores as high as possible to ensure you get a lower interest rate and a higher credit limit (unless you are desperate for another credit card right now, which would be a completely seperate issue you would want to address).  Always 'work from a postion of strength instead of weakness' is my motto.
Regular Contributor
inquring_minds

Good point - thanks!
Great Credit is Sexy :smileywink:

May 2013 - TU 699 / EX 718 / EQ 737

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}