cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I combine my Cap1 cards?

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: When should I combine my Cap1 cards?

I'm not sure that is necessarily true. I combined back in August and it still shows my old account as open with a $0 balance.
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just combined mine and they put all cl on old card and closed new card.  i had af on old card and they refunded.  they were great. i've been with them 5 years and this is the first time they have been so nice.  trying for prime i think.
Message 12 of 13
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Badcreditguy wrote:
One I have since april the other since sept. Should I combine now so I can get another card? Or wait until a year?

Definitely wait till around the 1 year mark.  As for calling beforehand for CLIs my personal opinion is that most people wind up with a larger CL at 1 year if they just let it auto increase instead.  Make sure you use both cards regularly... they are pretty firm on not giving big CLIs past 2k if you don't use the card... that's how they make a lot of their money.

At 1 year if they will waive both AF's (if any), I would still ride it out and at that point call regularly for CLIs until both cards combined will hit 5k or over if combined.  They are doing so many great changes that I think you'll have more options the longer you hold out. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.