cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should i ask for a CLI manual review.

tag
spydergto
Regular Contributor

When should i ask for a CLI manual review.

Hi,

I have a 1k card from my credit union , sad story on that, it should have been a 10k card but the lady cut me to 1 k as i had also gotten 2 car loans at the same pull Smiley Happy  , 

but the card is marked Cirrus its from Halliburton Employee Federal Credit Union (HEFCU.org) and americas credit unions. I have never heard of them , I am keeping my usage below 10% at best went to 10.5 last month, and am paying in full each month, basically as soon as the website moves it from pending to cleard i then get the ability to make a payment and i then pay in full each and every time. 

i want to call to ask for a manual CLI review. but when is the question? the card started 10/22/2013. I was thinking at worst case senerio 6 months no later than ?

Ex 750 10/22/2013 Eq 651 11/09/2013 TU 721 12/9/2013

5/14/14 Equifax – 673 Experian – 744 Transunion – 722

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: When should i ask for a CLI manual review.

i don't have experience with that bank, but as a general rule the 6 months to a year probably works best...that way you show payment history...i would try after 6 months...you know if it's a SP or HP?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 7
spydergto
Regular Contributor

Unfortunatly i do not know at this time if it will be SP or HP. I do not mind another HP, I will ask  when i call to get information. the main office is really talkative when i call in i will inqure first and try to get as much intel as possible. they have been the best bank ever to me , two car loans and a CC in one HP ... lol 27K on one pull i was astonished.

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@djc1puno wrote:

i don't have experience with that bank, but as a general rule the 6 months to a year probably works best...that way you show payment history...i would try after 6 months...you know if it's a SP or HP?

+1

For optimal result, the longer your payment and usage history is established, the better your chances.  Generally, ~ 6 months is the earliest timeframe for some lenders; however, each one has their own review criteria.  If this CU is on the conservative end, I would wait until asolid history is established after 12 months, but that's MHO.

Message 4 of 7
spydergto
Regular Contributor

Thanks,  The lady that took the origianl App said wait a year , i was hoping for 6 months , but instead i shall focus on getting another card at the 6 month mark instead then , and after 1 year , try for the CLI , of course i will however speak to the main office regarless at the 6 month mark just for info ... 

Message 5 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@spydergto wrote:

Thanks,  The lady that took the origianl App said wait a year , i was hoping for 6 months , but instead i shall focus on getting another card at the 6 month mark instead then , and after 1 year , try for the CLI , of course i will however speak to the main office regarless at the 6 month mark just for info ... 

as long as the request is SP i would try at the 6 month mark... Smiley Happy if it's a HP then it all depends on you if you think it's worth it, etc...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 7
spydergto
Regular Contributor

The CU that gave me this card , only pulls EX , and my EX was a 750 according to them as of last month , if its a HP it will still be worth it to bump the amount up. My utilization is always below 10% so increasing the limit will raise the score as much as the fall from the HP , it will benifit me because i am not currently at a place where i can pay all my bills on any one card and pay the balance in full monthly  and still be under 10% let alone 50 % utilization. I do not want the cards to ever get caught on that phase shift day and report hey huge balance on this day ! also i do not have alot of bills , if i can get a 10k card , i can pay all my bills monthly and remain well under 15% card utilization and PIF each month. this is my ultimate goal , so getting the cards fixed to that point is what i am working towards.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.