Valued Member
spydergto

When should i ask for a CLI manual review.

Hi,

I have a 1k card from my credit union , sad story on that, it should have been a 10k card but the lady cut me to 1 k as i had also gotten 2 car loans at the same pull :smileyhappy:  , 

but the card is marked Cirrus its from Halliburton Employee Federal Credit Union (HEFCU.org) and americas credit unions. I have never heard of them , I am keeping my usage below 10% at best went to 10.5 last month, and am paying in full each month, basically as soon as the website moves it from pending to cleard i then get the ability to make a payment and i then pay in full each and every time. 

i want to call to ask for a manual CLI review. but when is the question? the card started 10/22/2013. I was thinking at worst case senerio 6 months no later than ?

Ex 750 10/22/2013
Eq 651 11/09/2013
TU 721 12/9/2013
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

Re: When should i ask for a CLI manual review.

i don't have experience with that bank, but as a general rule the 6 months to a year probably works best...that way you show payment history...i would try after 6 months...you know if it's a SP or HP?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Member
spydergto

Unfortunatly i do not know at this time if it will be SP or HP. I do not mind another HP, I will ask  when i call to get information. the main office is really talkative when i call in i will inqure first and try to get as much intel as possible. they have been the best bank ever to me , two car loans and a CC in one HP ... lol 27K on one pull i was astonished.

Ex 750 10/22/2013
Eq 651 11/09/2013
TU 721 12/9/2013
Valued Contributor
FinStar

djc1puno wrote:

i don't have experience with that bank, but as a general rule the 6 months to a year probably works best...that way you show payment history...i would try after 6 months...you know if it's a SP or HP?

+1

For optimal result, the longer your payment and usage history is established, the better your chances.  Generally, ~ 6 months is the earliest timeframe for some lenders; however, each one has their own review criteria.  If this CU is on the conservative end, I would wait until asolid history is established after 12 months, but that's MHO.

Valued Member
spydergto

Thanks,  The lady that took the origianl App said wait a year , i was hoping for 6 months , but instead i shall focus on getting another card at the 6 month mark instead then , and after 1 year , try for the CLI , of course i will however speak to the main office regarless at the 6 month mark just for info ... 

Ex 750 10/22/2013
Eq 651 11/09/2013
TU 721 12/9/2013
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

spydergto wrote:

Thanks,  The lady that took the origianl App said wait a year , i was hoping for 6 months , but instead i shall focus on getting another card at the 6 month mark instead then , and after 1 year , try for the CLI , of course i will however speak to the main office regarless at the 6 month mark just for info ... 

as long as the request is SP i would try at the 6 month mark... :smileyhappy: if it's a HP then it all depends on you if you think it's worth it, etc...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Member
spydergto

The CU that gave me this card , only pulls EX , and my EX was a 750 according to them as of last month , if its a HP it will still be worth it to bump the amount up. My utilization is always below 10% so increasing the limit will raise the score as much as the fall from the HP , it will benifit me because i am not currently at a place where i can pay all my bills on any one card and pay the balance in full monthly  and still be under 10% let alone 50 % utilization. I do not want the cards to ever get caught on that phase shift day and report hey huge balance on this day ! also i do not have alot of bills , if i can get a 10k card , i can pay all my bills monthly and remain well under 15% card utilization and PIF each month. this is my ultimate goal , so getting the cards fixed to that point is what i am working towards.

Ex 750 10/22/2013
Eq 651 11/09/2013
TU 721 12/9/2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+