Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should i request a CLI with BOFA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When should i request a CLI with BOFA

My BOFA card just unsecured i was thinking i should heavily use my card paying it off in full each month then request a CLI 6 months from now. Does that sound about right?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When should i request a CLI with BOFA

Bump...
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say atleast 6 months. I've seen a few recent reports that after people hit the CLI button they got a CLD. So be very careful. I know it's hard not to want to go after it and you get itchy waiting but with the way the current climate is just try to hold tight. Sit onyour hands if you need to!!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would say atleast 6 months. I've seen a few recent reports that after people hit the CLI button they got a CLD. So be very careful. I know it's hard not to want to go after it and you get itchy waiting but with the way the current climate is just try to hold tight. Sit onyour hands if you need to!!

Well i just received an increase when my card unsecured so i can wait 6 months before i hit the luv button.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 99/500 that unsecured with no CLI.  I requested one, and was denied. 

I had it for 9 months, never paid late, and kept my util low.  What gives?  I thought the CLI was automatic.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1. The game has definitely changed with BoA, so a bit of patience will be the order of the day, it seems. I think that the general rule of thumb used to be CLI requests after 4 months, but with their recent wave of AA, I'm thinking 6 months is a safer bet these days.

UpUpUp wrote:

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CLI is definitely not automatic when the card unsecures. I didn't get a CLI when my (fully) secured card unsecured with a 2k limit. Nothing, nada, zippo did I get, for another couple of years. My card was used heavily, and PIFd. It wasn't until I really cleaned up my credit, and got a product change that BoA started to luv me.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well wish me luck as far as CLI in the future.
Message 8 of 13
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Re: When should I request a CLI with BOFA

mjbfan79 wrote:
Well wish me luck as far as CLI in the future.

My 99/500 unsecured on Tuesday.  I called and was a few days short but they went ahead and graduated it anyway.  I received the cli of $500 immediately but I also plan to wait atleast 6 months before I click that button!

Did you do a product change or leave it as the platinum plus?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When should I request a CLI with BOFA

@msheresy wrote:

Did you do a product change or leave it as the platinum plus?

Yes i did a PC i was told it takes a few weeks to process.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.