cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the credit limit is raised to $5K or higher...

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

When the credit limit is raised to $5K or higher...

...can you request that they send you a Signature card?

I'm looking at my Freedom and wanting it to be a Signature like my Venture and Southwest cards. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HiLine
Blogger

Re: When the credit limit is raised to $5K or higher...

Just call them. Doesn't take you more than a couple of minutes to know the official answer.

Message 2 of 4
js0319
Established Contributor

Depends. For some issuers it is a simple change and they add the benefits/send a new card. For others, it is a product change. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Raised my Chase Freedom Visa Non-Signature to Signature in July 2014 using Chase's Secured Message. Received the new card in seven days. Then I SM'ed them for the EMV Chip Version and they sent the EMV Chip version card. Today you could probably obtain the Signature with Chip all in one request. They were lacking card stock at the time of my request. Reason for two requests. The Chase Freedom Visa Signature with EMV Chip has a more metallic reflective look and they improved the Visa Signature in the corner. Received compliments on the new card in a resturant.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.