Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to Apply for another AMEX card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to Apply for another AMEX card

Hello all,

First and foremost I want to say thanks for posting all the information to help with the different ccc.
I would like to know since I just got my Delta skymiles. When is the best time to apply for the blue cash?

03/10/08 TU 653 EQ 628 EX 683
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to Apply for another AMEX card

will309 wrote:
Hello all,

First and foremost I want to say thanks for posting all the information to help with the different ccc.
I would like to know since I just got my Delta skymiles. When is the best time to apply for the blue cash?

Are you planning on applying separately or converting the Delta?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not really sure chedder, what do you suggest? The blue cash keeps calling my  nameSmiley Happy but I would'nt go crazy with the card. I know not to carry a balance on any AMEX card.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

will309 wrote:
I'm not really sure chedder, what do you suggest? The blue cash keeps calling my  nameSmiley Happy but I would'nt go crazy with the card. I know not to carry a balance on any AMEX card.

Well, since you asked... Smiley Tongue

Just a couple of things to consider:

Will the Delta Skymiles rewards be any use to you?  Would you qualify for Blue Cash if you apped for it directly?  What is your score on EX?

If you wouldn't qualify for Blue Cash by apping for it directly, I think the product change is a bad idea.

Message 4 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

After I rang up a couple thousand in purchases and PIF by mailing a check in before the statement cut they finally gave me the green light on a green card.

However, the FR came shortly thereafter.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are in my first post. EX 683
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chedder what scores would I need? I will wait till I break 700 first though. I'll probally apply directly then.

3/10/08 TU 653 EQ 628 EX 683
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

a clean ex 680+ should get a blue. honestly, if you have a delta why get a blue? go for a green.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.