Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to apply for Chase Ink?

tag
jmoneyk
Established Member

When to apply for Chase Ink?

Just recently started a small business and am looking to simplify my financials by putting everything on a business credit card.  Interested in the Chase Ink.  Back on 05/30 I was approved for a Chase Sapphire Preffered and a Amex BCP for my personal use, and also just closed on a business line of credit with TD bank for 50k.  My scores are in the 715-730 range across the board.  When would be the best time to apply for the Chase Ink Business?  The CSP is reporting to my personal, but the line of credit and Amex BCP have not.  Any advice is appreciated!

JK

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: When to apply for Chase Ink?

I just applied for the Classic version and was denied at first because the lady said they would like to see at least three or four years of business history. I have not even started the business really, I was just getting cards for it. Anyway, I telephoned the next day and had a reconsideration done and was approved for 2000. I put in a request for more and it is now pending but will probably be a denial.

My credit history is only two years long but with perfect payment history across a lot of tradelines. So if you have a clean report I think you should be fine. They used Experian the second time and that score ranges from 730-780 for me.

Message 2 of 3
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: When to apply for Chase Ink?

Just apply. They did one pull for me on Transunion when my score was 735. Approved no problem besides verifying my busienss EIN which was incorrect on my EX small business credit file. I can't say for sure how crucial the business credit reports are in determining your eligibility but I don't think it really matters. You have an EIN presume? Or something to that effect?

And Chase is good with being able to speak to an analyst right after you apply if you don't get an instant reponse. Just ask to be transferred,

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.