Contributor
mahendra82

When to apply for a new CITI card?

I recently got the Citiforward and Citi started me at 4k. I'd like to apply for Citi AAdvantage for the bonus miles. How soon do you think I should establish my account with them before I can apply?

I haven't checked my real fico yet, but my credit secure FAKO, which I know is not correlated with real fico, is about 728.  My AAOA is 2.7 years, and I've opened SEVERAL accounts over the past year (Discover, Amex, BOA Visa Sig, Amazon Store Card, Dell, Paypal).  

Thanks in advance. 

Valued Contributor
vish1

Re: When to apply for a new CITI card?

mahendra82 wrote:

I recently got the Citiforward and Citi started me at 4k. I'd like to apply for Citi AAdvantage for the bonus miles. How soon do you think I should establish my account with them before I can apply?

I haven't checked my real fico yet, but my credit secure FAKO, which I know is not correlated with real fico, is about 728.  My AAOA is 2.7 years, and I've opened SEVERAL accounts over the past year (Discover, Amex, BOA Visa Sig, Amazon Store Card, Dell, Paypal).  

Thanks in advance. 

AA is one of the tougest cards to get from citi. Having opened so many cards in 1 year, you may be really borderline. If you decide to pull the trigger, good luck.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Valued Contributor
smc733

vish1 wrote:

mahendra82 wrote:

Thanks in advance. 

AA is one of the tougest cards to get from citi. Having opened so many cards in 1 year, you may be really borderline. If you decide to pull the trigger, good luck.

I'm with this, I'm positive Citi will decline you right now.  Wait until all your accounts are 1 year +.

Contributor
mahendra82

Sounds good. I hope they'll have the promo then. Thanks for the advice!

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

One thing about promos --they keep coming back. :smileywink:

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
smc733

mahendra82 wrote:

Sounds good. I hope they'll have the promo then. Thanks for the advice!

Yep, they should have the promo then.  And you'll have a nice history, so they're more likely to give you a sizable limit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}