Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to cancel Credit One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to cancel Credit One?

I would still cancel it out of principal.

Message 11 of 14
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Before you receive the card in the mail.

lol, correct answer.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 12 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I recently closed mine, never used it since I got better cards so I was wasting $8 a month on whatever fee they called it. It was a stepping stone and did its job, but honestly if I had to do it over I wouldn't apply for this card, a secured card would have gotten me just as far minus the bs fees, but to each their own. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

I recently closed mine, never used it since I got better cards so I was wasting $8 a month on whatever fee they called it. It was a stepping stone and did its job, but honestly if I had to do it over I wouldn't apply for this card, a secured card would have gotten me just as far minus the bs fees, but to each their own. 

A rather dangerous stepping stone.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.