cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to get an American Express Charge car?

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: When to get an American Express Charge car?

Good job! Congrats!!
Message 21 of 30
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

@Eve212 wrote:

I;m approved for the Blue Cash Everyday already, I thought it's hard but it's not at all. Thank you guys very much.

Congrats! Now take care of those and ALL your accounts. It will pay off for years to come if you take care of your credit now!

Message 22 of 30
Eve212

Gold Charge Premiere & Blue Cash 2k limit

Message 23 of 30
Eve212

I'm having 5 now, not so good but I can take care of them. In 30 months, one Capital One card will end, I'll mostly use the Blue Cash, spend a little bit on the other 4 to keep them active. Hoope it works.

Message 24 of 30
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Amex PR Gold carrier a 175.00 annual fee...quite expensive for a card you don't plan on using 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 25 of 30
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Yea AF cards are ridiculous unless one actually makes significant spend on them. I'm sure OP will cancel or PC before the AF is due.

Message 26 of 30
Eve212

Yeah, that's why I intend to cancel it after 11 months. What do you think about it?

Message 27 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

@Eve212 wrote:

Yeah, that's why I intend to cancel it after 11 months. What do you think about it?

Given the first year fee waiver and signup bonus, the PRG is the best Amex charge to get first.  Before the fee is due, just cancel it, if your spend doesn't justify the fee.

Message 28 of 30
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Eve212 wrote:

Given the first year fee waiver and signup bonus, the PRG is the best Amex charge to get first.  Before the fee is due, just cancel it, if your spend doesn't justify the fee.

+1.  It is essentially free money to get your foot in the door with them.  Got mine with a 50k point bonus then got my BCE a month later.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 29 of 30
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

To each, their own. I tend to advise people not to open a new credit card account unless they plan on using the card. 

Generally to get these signup bonuses you have to meet minimum spending requirements which suck you into that card essentially, i.e. spend $3,000.00 in the first three months. Likely you'll have to meet that spending requirement for both new cards, which can be burdensome 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.