Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to pay my CC?

tag
calliou

When to pay my CC?

Best time to pay my CC? 

I've not been using them, just letting them sit dormant, except my WalMart and Best Buy (which have higher balances, so I have been paying them down).

I read on here this morning that I should be using my Credit One card and then paying it down. my limit is $700, and I charged about $35 on it today. Now, which is better, to pay it IN FULL upon the date of bill arrival? Or... find out the reporting date to the credit bureau and pay it then, and in which case... how do I find out the cycle date so I DON'T get charged interest?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to pay my CC?

Credit One, as I understand, does not offer a grace period - they charge interest on the current balance *daily*. I would advice dumping them in favor of a better lender ASAP. What other accounts do you have and what are your current scores?

Message 2 of 8
calliou

I posted another thread under the title "Best Card for Rebuild" just a few moments ago. I give all of my cards and balances there. 

My score on here is 639. I haven't gotten my other two yet. 

Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

not to mention you have two other cards reporting balances... you don't need a third reporting. just pay it now.
Message 4 of 8
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

I usually pay as soon as a bill cuts, but for larger balances, I make a large partial pymt before a bill cuts.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 8
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

If you have a couple other cards, ditch credit one. They are a rip off. As some of my friends told me about my ex girlfriend...you can do better. Lol!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dw4250 wrote:
If you have a couple other cards, ditch credit one. They are a rip off. As some of my friends told me about my ex girlfriend...you can do better. Lol!

@I agree with @Dw4250... Close Credit One as you have other cards now..

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i also agree with @Dw4250 - ditch the girl! jk lol
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.