Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to request CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to request CLI?

Over half of my cards had high util up until mid last month. I just paid off over 20k work of CC debt over the past two weeks, which has brought me down to about 20% util.  By the end of November, I will certainly be below 2% util, with a balance on only one of my CU cards.  

I tried hitting the love button numerous times on numerous accounts as I watched my score increase to no avail (none of the CRAs have the complete up-to-date information yet though; they're all showing me at 49% util still).  

I know that most of my CCCs are probably weary of giving me a CLI right now due to my heavy util.  Wondering how long after my low util is updated on my reports before I should hit the love button again?  I'm thinking six months, to show the CCCs that I do indeed intend on keeping low util on my accounts and I'm not just paying them off to scam them into giving me a higher CL.  If that's too drastic, someone please let me know!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: When to request CLI?

No need to wait, keep trying until they say yes. Keep in mind a lot of times they use the SP that they have on file so you have to wait for your reports to update and for them to SP you.
Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When to request CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried hitting the love button numerous times on numerous accounts as I watched my score increase to no avail (none of the CRAs have the complete up-to-date information yet though; they're all showing me at 49% util still).  

When to request is after the balances on your reports update.  You might find a CMS beneficial for determining this.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When to request CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

When to request is after the balances on your reports update.  You might find a CMS beneficial for determining this.

Nice!

In that case, I'm gonna go ahead and give it a shot on all my accounts this week. And maybe wait until next late next month if I get a denial. 

Thanks for the info

Message 4 of 7
vpae
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When to request CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice!

In that case, I'm gonna go ahead and give it a shot on all my accounts this week. And maybe wait until next late next month if I get a denial. 

Thanks for the info

Have you been watching your report? You said you've been hitting the love button numerous times on numerous accounts, keep in mind some of these may be HP and you may be having unnecessary inquiries added to your report. If not, then that's good. You even said yourself, they don't have the latest information. So wait til they have all of the cards reporting 0 or low balance before you ask for an increase. You can't rush some of these.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 5 of 7
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Slow down.. Relax.  A little paitience goes a long way.  Let everything update, wait a month or so, then proceed cautiously at acquiring CLI's.  Do not try to over extended yourself.  Even if some of the CLI's are small, it's still going in a positive direction!

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vpae wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When to request CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice!

Thanks for the info

Have you been watching your report? You said you've been hitting the love button numerous times on numerous accounts, keep in mind some of these may be HP and you may be having unnecessary inquiries added to your report. If not, then that's good. You even said yourself, they don't have the latest information. So wait til they have all of the cards reporting 0 or low balance before you ask for an increase. You can't rush some of these.

+1

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.