cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Navy Federal have another 0% Balance Transfer offer?

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

When will Navy Federal have another 0% Balance Transfer offer?

I remember that someone got a message from them saying it would be "very soon," but this was back in early or mid-summer.  Does anyone know when they will do this again?  I think they do it several times per year, and the last offer was in February.

laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: When will Navy Federal have another 0% Balance Transfer offer?

I thought they only did it twice a year, but I'm fairly new to Navy Federal, so I'm not exactly the best source of information.  I didn't realize it had been that long since the last promo!  I thought it WAS in the summer.  Maybe after Christmas?

Message 2 of 12
Voodard
Contributor

It's usually available early in the New Year.  As soon as you see it available do your transfer business quickly.  I procrastinated last time and received a message that the program had ended, bummer.  The very next day NFCU pulled the BT promo from the main web page.  Smiley Sad

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 3 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I'm hoping to BT when they offer it again. Does anyone know how long the interest is usually deferred? is it a year? or longer?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 12
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Its generally a year. I did not realize they had one during the summer. I am hoping for one here soon. I know they had one last november/december.   I had transferred a balance off of my navy card a bit early and my timing was perfect allowing me to transfer it right back and get another year at 0%  Which i hope to be doing again this year. If nothing else Psecu has 2.9 for year.

Message 5 of 12
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Can anyone confirm that they had an offer during the summer?  Either I missed it or I didn't need at at the time and didn't pay attention, and then forgot. 

Anyway, knowing that they usually do it after the new year gives me some hope.  I freed up my entire balance on my larger card with them and I'm waiting for them to offer this again because I'm paying off a pile of debt slowly, and some of my debts are at 0% now, but those deals expire either in December or in the early part of next year, or spring (some of them not until fall 2013.)  Yes, I have a lot of debt on a lot of cards.  It's a long process to pay it off, but I have staggered everything at 0% or very low interest and that makes it infinitely easier to pay down.

Super Contributor

AS per the CSR I spoke to sometime ago, they generally do it 2-3 times a year. They are targeted offers too.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Mod cut) This message has been removed. As per the Terms of Service, the following is not allowed:

"Spam, such as advertisements for other web sites and services, or other solicitation; chain letters, pyramid schemes, or securities offerings"

Let's all remember to avoid posting such material. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 8 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

(Mod Cut)

Hmm violation of TOS?

Message 9 of 12
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

(Mod Cut)

Hmm violation of TOS?

Yes. Done.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.