cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will credit card updates show on the credit bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will credit card updates show on the credit bureaus?

I am curious.When can I expect for my credit cards to take the snapshot that will ultimately show up on the 3 CBs?

Like, I have one credit card that just got a pretty huge credit limit increase, how would I know when this card will be hitting my credit bureaus?

I am interested in applying for one more card, but before I do so, I would like for this updated limit to show on my Credit Bureaus first before applying. Im also interested in trying to get some credit limit increases on some other cards due to this high CL and one other CL that shows that I've had it for about a year, but as stated, I want to wait until it shows my new CL on all 3 of the bureaus. Is there some type of way to dictate WHEN a credit cards information will be hitting the credit bureaus?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: When will credit card updates show on the credit bureaus?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am curious.When can I expect for my credit cards to take the snapshot that will ultimately show up on the 3 CBs?

Like, I have one credit card that just got an increase to $15,000 dollars, how would I know when this card will be hitting my credit bureaus?

I am interested in applying for one more card, but before I do so, I would like for this updated limit to show on my Credit Bureaus first before applying. Im also interested in trying to get some credit limit increases on some other cards due to this high CL and one other CL that shows that I've had it for about a year, but as stated, I want to wait until it shows my new CL on all 3 of the bureaus. Is there some type of way to dictate WHEN a credit cards information will be hitting the credit bureaus?

You can't time it precisely, it varies.

You've got to be kidding about dictating... we're not in charge here, the banks are Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Like, I have one credit card that just got a pretty huge credit limit increase, how would I know when this card will be hitting my credit bureaus?

You've got to be kidding about dictating... we're not in charge here, the banks are Smiley Happy

so, you're telling me that there is no way to get an idea of when they will be sending off the data? can simply be the 1st through the 30th? Doesnt matter when your card payment is due, or when they cut the bill or anything to give  us an idea?

Message 3 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

For me, EX updates about 2 days after the statement cuts, EQ a few days after EX, and TU about a week after EX. Discover will do an off cycle update if you request it
Message 4 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

so, you're telling me that there is no way to get an idea of when they will be sending off the data? can simply be the 1st through the 30th? Doesnt matter when your card payment is due, or when they cut the bill or anything to give  us an idea?

Usually the balance in the statement is the balance that will get reported. How many days after the statement date varies widely. If you were to ask a CSR, they would probably give you wrong information.

And I have not found it to be consistent, even in the same account. 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 10
newhis
Valued Contributor

You can use CK once a week to see if the new information hit TU and EQ.

You can get free EX report once a month from Experian, don't know any other service that can give you more than that for free.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
For me, EX updates about 2 days after the statement cuts, EQ a few days after EX, and TU about a week after EX. Discover will do an off cycle update if you request it

This has been close to my findings too, EQ usually updates the quickest, the EX, TU lags a bit. In terms of you OP, look at your statement close date, whatever balance you have when your statement closes, is likely to be what's reported to the bureaus, so if your CLI hit before your statement close, that will report too, and as SJ mentioned, you can't dictate the reporting only control how much the balance is that gets reported. SOme banks do mid-cycle reporting but not very many

Message 7 of 10
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I feel your pain.  This week I paid off all my cards except for one and I can't wait to see what my utilization is.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cards pretty much stay at 0%. Im not waiting on my utilization to update. I just got a credit limit increase on one of my cards and Im waiting on that card to update on the CBs with its new limit so that I can see my new scores.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldman425 wrote:

I feel your pain.  This week I paid off all my cards except for one and I can't wait to see what my utilization is.

Do you mean your score?

Your utilization is something you can figure out on your own very easily.  No need to wait for an update or monitoring software to show you it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.