cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will it drop off?

Established Member

When will it drop off?

I've read so many different conflicting bits of information on this topic... And I'm really confused as to when my bad collections will get dropped off.

 

For example:

 

Status as of Mar, 2008
Date opened Aug, 2006
Date of last activity Aug, 2007
Date closed Nov, 2007
Loan type Credit Card

 

I paid that collection off in full on April, 2009. Is it 7 years from DOLA? Is it 7 years from me paying off the collection? When will it be deleted from my credit reports?!

 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: When will it drop off?

February 2014 is when it will drop off.

Message 2 of 14
Regular Contributor

Re: When will it drop off?

Just curious, how did you come up with Feb 2014?

 

Message 3 of 14
Regular Contributor

Re: When will it drop off?

Status as of Date opened [?] Date of last activity [?]
Apr, 2010
Oct, 2003
Apr, 2007

 

Wondering when will this drop off my CR?

Is it  April 2014?

Message 4 of 14
Super Contributor

Re: When will it drop off?

 


ty101 wrote:

Just curious, how did you come up with Feb 2014?

 


7 years from the date of last activity plus 180(6months).

 

Message 5 of 14
Super Contributor

Re: When will it drop off?

 


ty101 wrote:

 

Status as of Date opened [?] Date of last activity [?]
Apr, 2010
Oct, 2003
Apr, 2007

 

 

Wondering when will this drop off my CR?

Is it  April 2014?


No!  Feb 2014

 

Message 6 of 14
Regular Contributor

Re: When will it drop off?

Status as of date = April 2010

Date opened = Oct 2003

Date of last activity = April 2007

 

When will this drop off my CR?  Is it April 2014.

On my TU report is states that it will drop off in June 2012.

Why is there a difference?

Message 7 of 14
Super Contributor

Re: When will it drop off?

 


ty101 wrote:

Status as of date = April 2010

Date opened = Oct 2003

Date of last activity = April 2007

 

When will this drop off my CR?  Is it April 2014.

On my TU report is states that it will drop off in June 2012.

Why is there a difference?


Your date of last activity says April 2007.  The OP's date of last activity says August 2007.

 

Message 8 of 14
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When will it drop off?


DI wrote:

 


7 years from the date of last activity plus 180(6months).

 


That's not quite correct. The DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) on the OC account that led to the collection is the only date that matters. No other date is applicable.

 

The DoLA could be the lastest monthly update on the account which means it would never drop off. The DoFD is what you need.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".
 

Message 9 of 14
Senior Contributor

Re: When will it drop off?


DI wrote:

 


ty101 wrote:

Status as of date = April 2010

Date opened = Oct 2003

Date of last activity = April 2007

 

When will this drop off my CR?  Is it April 2014.

On my TU report is states that it will drop off in June 2012.

Why is there a difference?


Your date of last activity says April 2007.  The OP's date of last activity says August 2007.

 


I think ty101 is asking why there is a difference in what his TU report says versus 7.5 years from date of last activity as opposed to why there is a difference in his situation versus the OP.  His TU report says it will drop off in June 2012 when 7.5 years from date of last activity is October 2014.  I don't know.  I don't understand how this stufff is calculated.  But I think that is the question.

 

Also, for the OP, wouldn't it be Feb. 2015?


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14