cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my AmEx report to the bureaus?!?!

tag
VipreArmed
Contributor

Re: When will my AmEx report to the bureaus?!?!

Thanks for asking because I was beginning to wonder when mine would report too.  I opened mine on May 1st and my first statement cut and is due on 6/14 so I was wondering would it report after that or before.  The standard seems to be it will report after.  I'm just curious to how much more after.

Question though?  When it does finally report, it will show my card was opened on May 1st, right?  Let's say it finally reports on July 1st.  Will I get "credit" for 2 months of a credit line or will the clock start the first time it reports?  

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 11 of 20
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@ohnomyfigo wrote:

Amex usually takes a few months to show up on your reports. As for apping for another card, go right ahead. Amex knows whats going on in regards to your acconts with them internally—they don't need to check your reports to see that you have other cards open with them. Also I've gotten three Amex cards withing the last 4 months, denials as well as approvals were only a soft pull for me after getting approved for my first card with them, which of course was a hard pull. 

Thanks for the data point. I was referring to applying for a credit card with a different company, not AmEx. 

In that case, the cc company would need to pull my report and would see that AmEx pulled my credit, but would not see the new account (because it hasn't reported yet)... Would this lead them to believe AmEx denied me? And would this false belief lead them to give me a lower SL or decline me as well? 

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 12 of 20
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@VipreArmed wrote:

Thanks for asking because I was beginning to wonder when mine would report too.  I opened mine on May 1st and my first statement cut and is due on 6/14 so I was wondering would it report after that or before.  The standard seems to be it will report after.  I'm just curious to how much more after.

Question though?  When it does finally report, it will show my card was opened on May 1st, right?  Let's say it finally reports on July 1st.  Will I get "credit" for 2 months of a credit line or will the clock start the first time it reports?  

Update: my AmEx has now shown up on my credit reports as of this morning. 

@Anonymous answer your question @VipreArmed, it will in fact show an opening date of May 1st, not the date it reported. 

Mine just reported today and is showing an opening date of March 1st.

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 13 of 20
VipreArmed
Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

@Anonymous answer your question @VipreArmed, it will in fact show an opening date of May 1st, not the date it reported. 

Cheers!

Awesome.  I went on an app spree last month and I thought my AAoA was going to take a severe dip but it hasn't been as bad as I thought.   The little extra time it takes to report will help a little.

Thanks again.   

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 14 of 20
Marcos8
Established Contributor

My BCP took over 4 months to show up. 

Message 15 of 20
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Maybe if I'm lucky they'll wait another month to report mine 😀

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does Amex report? I'm still confused. My first statement cut and I paid off the balance before the due date. Once they report, will they report the balance that was there when the statement cut or my payment?
Message 17 of 20
JackBeNimble1
Contributor

It took Amex nine weeks to report my Hilton Surpass to the credit bureaus. They sent the report a few days after the statement due date. Whatever balance you have on the day they report is what will show up on the credit report. 

Amex Gold, Amex Bonvoy, Amex Hilton Honors Surpass, Amex Every Day, Amex Hilton Biz, Amex Delta Biz, Barclays Arrival+, Barclays Rewards, Capital One VentureOne, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Freedom, Chase IHG Rewards, Chase United Explorer, Chase Sapphire
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

@VipreArmed wrote:

Update: my AmEx has now shown up on my credit reports as of this morning. 

Cheers!

Thanks for both the great questions, and taking the time to update!(I love when OPs do that, it's truly a service to the board!)

I had asked multiple times what date counts for the age, specifically with my AMEX, so your definitive answer really helps out(and was the one I was hoping for as well! Smiley Wink ).  I just received mine, and have already been wondering when it will report(though I dont have any odd cause to yet, like you did), and at least now this thread has helped me learn it may take awhile, so I can dial back my expectations some and soften the blow.  I'm truly grateful to have this information to prvent me from getting worked up in the George Costanza manner I often do.

Message 19 of 20
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval, CaptainJ! I would definitely not expect it to show up anytime soon.... "In the George Costanza manner" bahaha! You just made me literally laugh out loud (llol)!!

Cheers!
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.