Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the MileagePlus get EMV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will the MileagePlus get EMV?

Does anyone know when this card will get EMV? It's a freaking travel card!

And does anyone know if we could request an embossed version with the numbers on the front?
I got a replacement card and they sent me one with the numbers on the back. I don't really like it.

Thanks

Edit: Also mine is a MC. Are they going to be changing it to a VISA anytime soon?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When will the MileagePlus get EMV?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know when this card will get EMV? It's a freaking travel card!   AFAIK, sometime during 2015 - in mulitple phases TBD.

And does anyone know if we could request an embossed version with the numbers on the front?  Nope.
I got a replacement card and they sent me one with the numbers on the back. I don't really like it.  You'll just need to get used to the product as is - Chip placement will be on the front.  Some cards are headed in this same direction (e.g. Citi).

Thanks

Edit: Also mine is a MC. Are they going to be changing it to a VISA anytime soon?   No decision has been made as of yet since a variety of individuals still have the former issued MC cards from the former Continental brand (i.e. MP Award, MP Select, MP Presidential Plus, etc).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.