cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you are approved online for a store credit card.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you are approved online for a store credit card.....

............specifically L&T, NM, Nordstroms and Brooks Bros................can you use that approval at the brick and mortar the same day or do you have to wait until the actual card comes in the mail?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: When you are approved online for a store credit card.....

From my past approvals I have been able to..you had to show I.D. and give phone # associated with the acct. and they can pull it up. Also,you can call their respective customer service #'s and ask how they do it.

edit* Congrats & Good Luck with your new approvals

Message 2 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

When i was approved for NM online i went into the store later that day with the card number on a peice of paper and sales girl didnt even ask for my id.
Message 3 of 7
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yup same with Macy's but they asked me to enter my SSN on the keypad.

Message 4 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

I fully have faith in Macy's/ Bloomingdale's that no one is committing fraud in my name. Neiman Marcus, borderline. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on the store. at Walmart if you are approved online, you have to wait until you card comes to use it in the store
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

............specifically L&T, NM, Nordstroms and Brooks Bros................can you use that approval at the brick and mortar the same day or do you have to wait until the actual card comes in the mail?

Most places /stores can pull up the account with your SSN.  Some stores you have to wait until you have the card in hand. Brooks and Nordstroms you can shop without the card in hand.  Not familiar with  L&T and NM....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.