Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you say use you CC heavy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say use you CC heavy

Is this for all types. I'll use my capital ones as the example because o just got them.

CL 1000 and CL 750

I really want these to move.
So I should buy something for 900 and a week later pay that off? Do that every week? Same with the one with 750?
My income more than supports it. I'm kind of excited because I didn't use much credit before so this is the first time I've had so much available to me.
Will lenders only look at your utilization and what's reporting or will the look at the high limits 900/1000 let's say?
I want to get the best possible CLI when I can.
Give me the tools credit card guros! Lol
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: When you say use you CC heavy

heavy usage is different in everyones eyes, but Id say....give it more swipes! not necessarily charging up to the limit, and maxing it out every month, and then carrying a balance on it. But more swipes, and if needed more payments throughout the month.

How long have you had the two cards? Are they eligible to combine.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
heavy usage is different in everyones eyes, but Id say....give it more swipes! not necessarily charging up to the limit, and maxing it out every month, and then carrying a balance on it. But more swipes, and if needed more payments throughout the month.

How long have you had the two cards? Are they eligible to combine.

What pizza said.Smiley Happy I also tend to use my cards with zero interest by charging a lot and making large payments, sometimes many a month. I always keep my spend at reporting time under 30% and have a zero balance on about a third of my cards. It has worked for me. As many will say though, each of us is different and you have to find what works for you in your own situation.

Message 3 of 8
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this for all types. I'll use my capital ones as the example because o just got them.

CL 1000 and CL 750

So I should buy something for 900 and a week later pay that off? Do that every week? Same with the one with 750?
My income more than supports it. I'm kind of excited because I didn't use much credit before so this is the first time I've had so much available to me.
Will lenders only look at your utilization and what's reporting or will the look at the high limits 900/1000 let's say?

Heavy usage does not mean you need to pay on your card every week. Just use the card as much as it fits into your lifestyle and the CLI will come. I pretty much only use my quicksilver card, so between hubby and me a typical statement may have 70-80 transactions. Pretty much all our household bills//expenses are put on the card. Your heavy usage may only be 20 transactions/mo. When I was looking for aCLI I made sure to try and keep my utilization around 10%. Now, that I'm not looking for a CLI my utilization currently is at about 70% because I have zero interest until next May. I'll pay it down to about 40% utilization next week, but probably keep it around 30-40% for the remainder of the interest free period. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

How long have you had the two cards? Are they eligible to combine

I just got them. So I know I have to wait 2-3 months for the first CLI but will more swipes and more money moving through the card give a better cli. I could put thousands through it a month. I've always just paid cash for everything. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CL 1000 and CL 750

Heavy usage does not mean you need to pay on your card every week. Just use the card as much as it fits into your lifestyle and the CLI will come. I pretty much only use my quicksilver card, so between hubby and me a typical statement may have 70-80 transactions. Pretty much all our household bills//expenses are put on the card. Your heavy usage may only be 20 transactions/mo. When I was looking for aCLI I made sure to try and keep my utilization around 10%. Now, that I'm not looking for a CLI my utilization currently is at about 70% because I have zero interest until next May. I'll pay it down to about 40% utilization next week, but probably keep it around 30-40% for the remainder of the interest free period. H

With the cards I do have now I've never been over 9% I just would change little things. But they are all garbage cards. These are far more superior than my total and surge lol

Message 6 of 8
delaney1
Established Contributor

I will say I put about $10000 through my QS within the first three statements. As soon as the third statement cut, I hit the luv button and went from 5k to my current 10k limit. I was thrilled since most people seem to get a max of 3k CLI. Hopefully I get another nice increase at the 6 month mark.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so it's not so much how much but how offen it's used. 

So basically use them for everyday stuff, if it be 1$ or 100$ pay a few times throughout the month. Before the statement cuts pay down below the 10%, then PIF every month. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.