Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Do I Go From Here?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Lots of UPDATES!!!!

@100M wrote:

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I have a few updates to report.

- I apped for a Chase Slate and got the 7-10 message.  I called in to an analyst and she told me I was denied due to short age of credit cards.  I answered all of her questions and she approved me for "at least $5k". I guess i'll know the exact amount when the card comes.  Woohoo! Chase Slate - $5K

- I called my credit union to request a CLI, was approved for a $5K increase. Yesss! CU CC - $10K

- I called BofA and requested a CLI, was approved for a $5K increase. Nice! BofA - $5300

- I called HSBC and requested a CLI, was approved for $100. **bleep**??? HSBC - $400

- I called AMEx for recon of BCE, I spoke a rep and explained the situation.  She told me to fax my latest report from any of the 3 CRAs and they would reconside. Well just so happens I had just pulled my latest TU reoprt with a 752 score and 5 inquiries.  I explained that 4 of the 5 were related to my new mortgage.  I also explained the reason for the $2500 balance on my CU CC (travel expenses awaiting reimbursement from employer). I should hear an answer in next couple of days. ::fingers crossed:: 

What a day!!

fusioncredit, the Sears balance isn't showing yet...it's too new.  BofA was a secured card but now is not.  HSBC isn't, but they have not been willing to CLI. I didn't think about CareCredit.  I will ask for a CLI.  Should I wait until after I get an answer from AMEX?

Creditaddict, I will CLI CareCredit and look at Citi Forward. Should I wait on Barclay until after AMEX responds, since they may pull again, or should I just go ahead and app? 

Fingers crossed you get the BCE!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@100M wrote:

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I have a few updates to report.

- I apped for a Chase Slate and got the 7-10 message.  I called in to an analyst and she told me I was denied due to short age of credit cards.  I answered all of her questions and she approved me for "at least $5k". I guess i'll know the exact amount when the card comes.  Woohoo! Chase Slate - $5K

- I called my credit union to request a CLI, was approved for a $5K increase. Yesss! CU CC - $10K

- I called BofA and requested a CLI, was approved for a $5K increase. Nice! BofA - $5300

- I called HSBC and requested a CLI, was approved for $100. **bleep**??? HSBC - $400

- I called AMEx for recon of BCE, I spoke a rep and explained the situation.  She told me to fax my latest report from any of the 3 CRAs and they would reconside. Well just so happens I had just pulled my latest TU reoprt with a 752 score and 5 inquiries.  I explained that 4 of the 5 were related to my new mortgage.  I also explained the reason for the $2500 balance on my CU CC (travel expenses awaiting reimbursement from employer). I should hear an answer in next couple of days. ::fingers crossed:: 

What a day!!

fusioncredit, the Sears balance isn't showing yet...it's too new.  BofA was a secured card but now is not.  HSBC isn't, but they have not been willing to CLI. I didn't think about CareCredit.  I will ask for a CLI.  Should I wait until after I get an answer from AMEX?

Creditaddict, I will CLI CareCredit and look at Citi Forward. Should I wait on Barclay until after AMEX responds, since they may pull again, or should I just go ahead and app? 

Wahhhhhh..... I was denied for the BCP, and requested a recon. I was told that the CR had to be from Experian? You really must be having a lucky day. I hope you get the BCE!!!

Message 12 of 14
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Well I guess that's one way to improve your util. Not bad!

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
100M
Established Member

I have come to the end of my app spree! And thanks to all of you and your words of wisdom and encouragement, I have a few more updates to report.

I apped for and was approved for a Discover More - $2500 CL and a Barclays USAir Divident Miles Mastercard - $5000 CL. I am still awaiting a decision on the AMEX BCE.  I spoke with a rep on the recon line and he stated that AMEX had decided to stick with their original denial. So I called the Executive Office number yesterday and explained the situation. She put me on hold and called over to the New Accounts team, when she returned she told me they were going to review the app again and she will call me within 24 hours. So now I wait. I really want an AMEX, so if this fails I will try again in about a year, after all of these inqs begin to fall of or have less of an impact.

As of this morning, this is where I sit:

BofA Platinum Plus - $5K

Credit Union CC - $10K

HSBC - $400

Chase Slate - $5K

Discover More - $2500

Barclays USAir Dividend Miles - $5K

AMEX BCE - ** Pending **

Now I will start gardening and building some history with each of these companies. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Starting Score (3/20/11):EQ: 616 TU:636: EX: 697
Current Score (11/16/23):EQ: 802 TU:769: EX: 757

AMEX BCP - $18K | AMEX Platinum - NPSL | AMEX Rose Gold - NPSL | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $22.9K | Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite - $15.6K | Apple Card - $6K | Discover It - $18.1K | BofA Premium Rewards - $11.9K | X1 - $12.5K | Cap1 Quicksilver - $4.8K | CareCredit - $15K | AMEX Business Plus - $20.9K | AMEX Business Platinum - NPSL | Chase Ink Business Unlimited - $11.5K | USBank Business Triple Cash Rewards - $3K
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.