Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?


ssmith891 wrote:

They counter offered $8,800. Still not bad I suppose :smileylol:

 

So what about my Chevron and Texans CU Visa now?


That's great!    Ask for CLIs on those too!


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎11-07-2012
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?

$3,000 on my Texans Visa now!!!

 

Onto Chevron!! :smileyvery-happy:

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?


ssmith891 wrote:

$3,000 on my Texans Visa now!!!

 

Onto Chevron!! :smileyvery-happy:


Whoo hoo!   nice limit to have on a CU Visa :smileyhappy:    They typically have great rates and low / no BT fees :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?

Congrats

New Contributor
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎11-07-2012
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?

My question is though, since I don't really want to use my Chevron card because of BCE, and I never use my NTB card (I opened it to pay off my tires over time interest free) should I keep these open or SD them? Is a CLI even worth it for them?

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?

If you ask for a CLI it should be only a SP...

If you don't really want to use them that's fine :smileyhappy: just sock drawer them.

For what its worth I only use my store cards a few times per year

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,664
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?


ssmith891 wrote:

My question is though, since I don't really want to use my Chevron card because of BCE, and I never use my NTB card (I opened it to pay off my tires over time interest free) should I keep these open or SD them? Is a CLI even worth it for them?


For Chevron I would go ahead and take the CLI just because it's going to be a SP and the higher the limit goes the higher chance of getting the visa is (I say in my mind as I type so I too believe it :smileytongue:)

Anyway, I would call and ask the csr if you can get an increase to $2000... the computer will spit back an answer, if it gives $2k maybe you want to go to underwriting and ask for more, or maybe ask for more than if it counters $500... or else just don't.... but if you don't use for more than a year (maybe shorter) they will decrease the CL to $124.... you can get it back but really if you won't EVER use again, Id probably take the increase, then let it sit for a month or two and get that new limit reporting and then close! haha

at least then in future when you go for CLI or new cards, they won't see anything that low on your reports in long time. (again, not sure it matters completely!)

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?


Creditaddict wrote:

ssmith891 wrote:

My question is though, since I don't really want to use my Chevron card because of BCE, and I never use my NTB card (I opened it to pay off my tires over time interest free) should I keep these open or SD them? Is a CLI even worth it for them?


For Chevron I would go ahead and take the CLI just because it's going to be a SP and the higher the limit goes the higher chance of getting the visa is (I say in my mind as I type so I too believe it :smileytongue:)

Anyway, I would call and ask the csr if you can get an increase to $2000... the computer will spit back an answer, if it gives $2k maybe you want to go to underwriting and ask for more, or maybe ask for more than if it counters $500... or else just don't.... but if you don't use for more than a year (maybe shorter) they will decrease the CL to $124.... you can get it back but really if you won't EVER use again, Id probably take the increase, then let it sit for a month or two and get that new limit reporting and then close! haha

at least then in future when you go for CLI or new cards, they won't see anything that low on your reports in long time. (again, not sure it matters completely!)


 

For some reason I love the idea of getting a CLI and then closing the account. Lol!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎11-07-2012
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?

[ Edited ]

I totally forgot about the Visa...do you think it would be possible to ask for a CLI and an upgrade for the Visa? Pushing it much? :smileysurprised: Or is it even worth it. The benefits really don't outweigh BCE.

New Contributor
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎11-07-2012
0

Re: Where I stand...suggestions?

I just don't want another HP after applying for 3 cards so quickly after another.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.