Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the CC uti percentage bumps?

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Where are the CC uti percentage bumps?

I maxed a card out last month (dropped me 80 points, Smiley Very Happy). I just knocked it down to 59% uti. It closes today.....but I was wondering that if I knocked it down below 50% before it closes at 5pm, if that'll get me a few more points from the statement. Trying to buy a car after the score update.....LOL.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Goblin
Regular Contributor

Re: Where are the CC uti percentage bumps?

Are your scores anything like they were since your last update in 2013?  I can't imagine that your APR will differ if your score is between 760-810.

By the way, that's a pretty big drop.  How much does the card in question's limit account for your total available credit?

Starting Score: Ex: 495 Eq: 492 Tu: 497
Current Score: Ex: 708 Eq: 716 Tu: 710

Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

There are some guesses out there but no one knows for certain and it really depends on the specific scoring model used.  Lower is generally better is all we can really say.

Message 3 of 4
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

I dropped to 720, lol. I always sit around 810, but when I maxed out a card last month, I dropped 90 points. I knew it would happen, and it's not a big deal. Just trying to see if I can squeeze out some points back by dropping uti below 50%..... in other words, where are the percentage lines for point drops/gains?

I have a 100K limit between 5 cards. The card in question is 30K.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.