cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I use my Care Credit to show some usage without spending a fortune ?

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Where can I use my Care Credit to show some usage without spending a fortune ?

Hey guys I have had my CC for about 3 /4 mths now I didn't get the amount I needed to have the work done that I needed so I am gonna try for a CLI later on but I need to show some usage , I have not used the card yet at all and I don't want to get shut down for not using it . I don't have any pets so I can't use it in that manner , I have checked for Rite Aids in my area and there are NONE AT ALL anywhere close. I don't want to spend a lot just to show usage at this point , bc the work I need done will be an all at once kinda deal so I can't break it up into diff apts . Any ideas guys ? Thanks
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where can I use my Care Credit to show some usage without spending a fortune ?

Without a Rite Aid around I'm not sure what you could use it for that would amount to a small purchase.  My dental insurance pays for a cleaning twice a year...to keep my card active I'll have a 3rd cleaning done and charge it to my CareCredit.  It's usually a little under a $100 bucks but it does the job to keep the card active.  I usually don't have a problem though because I wear eyeglasses and an every other year I usually change frames even if I don't need a new prescription.

Message 2 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Where can I use my Care Credit to show some usage without spending a fortune ?

Ok thanks for the idea , my dental only does 2 cleanings per year also so I'll check out how much one will be for me . I so wish there was a Rite Aid or they took it at Cvs or Walgreens
Message 3 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Ok thanks for the idea , my dental only does 2 cleanings per year also so I'll check out how much one will be for me . I so wish there was a Rite Aid or they took it at Cvs or Walgreens

I hear ya...there isn't a Rite Aid in my area...or anywhere within a couple hundred miles.  Now Walgreens seems to be on just about every corner in our city.  Maybe one day they'll change these cards over to the MasterCard or at least partner with another pharmacy besides Rite Aid.  Heck, I would be happy if Rite Aid would accept CareCredit as a form of payment on their website...

Message 4 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hahaha I checked that option out too on the Rite Aid online website
Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, go get a kitty and take it to the vet for its shotsSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can probably go into a vet clinic or even a dentist if they are the type to sell cheap items at the desk.  I know my local vet has stuff like pet treats, shampoo, combs, etc. for sale at the counter where you pay.  Something small like that would allow you to show usage.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you purchase something from Rite Aid online and have them ship it to your house?

Message 8 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the Idea BrutalBodyShots, and Jdana no they don't have CareCredit listed as a payment option online , I already tried it. Lol I would love to have a pet but I'm not paying the Huge pet deposit at our apartment complex AJC
Message 9 of 18
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

You can go to a reasonably priced optometrist and treat yourself to a nice pair of sunglasses. 😎

Even if you don't need prescription glasses, 👓

They will still sell you a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers, or any other brand you fancy. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.