Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did your spend go this year?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Where did your spend go this year?

So the final statements of the year are beginning to come in, and my question to everybody is where did your spend go this year? Which cards? Below is a tentative list of my YTD spend, as I'm still waiting on a few more statements that will close towards the end of the month. Didn't spend as much on my forward or on my discover as I would have liked to, but there's still time left in the year =] 

Screenshot 2015-12-15 at 10.48.07 PM.png

So, where'd your spend go! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Where did your spend go this year?

On 5 bonus cards and a partridge in a pear treeSmiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

JSU they better be giving you some CLIs and fast for that much spend, especially on the ritz. Jeez!

Well My year is technically only the last 6 months and thats when I really got into credit cards.  Most of my spending has went on my PRG for dining, Amtrak to get the limit up and APR down....a ton on the DC.  Other than that,property tax, insurance, etc, kind of spread around for bonuses.

How many times did you get a 4th night free jsu?

Message 3 of 33
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I think 4 this year. Nothing too crazy though. Most expensive one was like 160,theb a $90, a 119, and then a $100ish one. Last one coming up on the 26th,using it for my mom.
Message 4 of 33
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I can tell without looking that most of it went to the CSP as it's a primary/default card for me.

@Anonymous wrote:

JSU they better be giving you some CLIs and fast for that much spend

Doin't rely on spend for CLI's.  Usage can play a part but it will not overrule what one's credit profile and income qualify for.

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before Discover it went to Chase Freedom.  Once I got Discover (and the Double Cash Back promo) it was diverted to that and will remain there until this time next year. 

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes. Lowes. Lowes. Discover. Citi dc. Sallie. Did i mention lowes?

Message 7 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

So the final statements of the year are beginning to come in, and my question to everybody is where did your spend go this year? Which cards? Below is a tentative list of my YTD spend, as I'm still waiting on a few more statements that will close towards the end of the month. Didn't spend as much on my forward or on my discover as I would have liked to, but there's still time left in the year =] 

Screenshot 2015-12-15 at 10.48.07 PM.png

So, where'd your spend go! Smiley Very Happy 

WOW, Can I send you statements and you make pretty spreadsheets for me!!!

Hands down starting back in like June it's going to be Marriott/Ritz for us but probably still a good $10-$15k to Fidelity Amex, Citi DC before Marriott and Ritz and the in between cards or additions to meet spend requirements (SPG, Aviator, AA, etc.) then business cards!

Message 8 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Copied JSUCOOL's logic of kinda how he did it and had time to kill at work today as the year is wrapping downSmiley Happy..  Thought I would of had more spend, but nope.  Car payments and Rent I usually can't put on CC's which is a decent portion of my spend anyways here is my breakdown although it doesn't include closed cards

By the way this was TEDIOUS to do!  Would hate to be CA or Ron trying to do this.. I would love to see CA or Ron's version and how long it took them to perform such as task!

spend.JPG

Message 9 of 33
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Discover 8000k Daily spend

amex 2500k monitor/flight to israel/adobe monthly

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.