Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you keep your cards?

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Where do you keep your cards?

Ok this is probably a silly question, but seriously, where do you folks (the ones with LOTS of cards) keep yours?  I only have 6 but still feel uncomfortable carrying them all in my wallet.  I recently took Cap 1 and BoFA and locked them up in my little safe.  They are put away but still active as I have Truecredit being charged to BoFA each month and my tolltag goes to Cap 1.  I still keep my 2 NFCU's, HSBC and Target in my wallet.  I'm thinking I am going to move one of the NFCU's to the safe as well. I figure I  need to carry 2 of my majors with me all the time and my Target just in case.  So just curious, where do you keep your plastic? 
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do you keep your cards?

I put mine under a little rock in my back yard next to my herb garden.....Just kidding...I don't have an herb garden.
Message 2 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The three that I use are in my wallet. The others are literally in my sock drawer. Smiley Happy The BT card, which must not be used for purchases until the BT is paid off, is in a sealed envelope in the sock drawer. No oopsies allowed.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't keep any of my CC on me at all i have an old check book box where i keep all my CC an it's on my computer desk. Maybe i should keep one card on me in case of an emergency but right now i don't feel the need to do so cause that will only temp me to spend.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 08-09-2008 08:24 AM
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep all of mine except for 1st premier in my wallet.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpUpUp wrote:

Why u don't like to use 1st Premier in public lol
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjbfan79 wrote:

UpUpUp wrote:

Why u don't like to use 1st Premier in public lol

In public? I don't like to use it in dark alley atm machine. LOL. I know I need to ditch it, for some reason it makes me feel better to hold it just until it is or almost is 3 years.  Stupid I know. Here I am walking around with Chase, Discover and BofA and I still have my 1st premier open. Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpUpUp wrote:
In public? I don't like to use it in dark alley atm machine. LOL. I know I need to ditch it, for some reason it makes me feel better to hold it just until it is or almost is 3 years.  Stupid I know. Here I am walking around with Chase, Discover and BofA and I still have my 1st premier open. Smiley Very Happy

I only use my 1st Premier to pay my NETFLEX bill every month. So i don't use mine in the public maybe once when i first got it not that i'm ashamed to use it. Now if push come to shove i will pull it out to use in a emergency. But basically i'm just using it to rebuild.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjbfan79 wrote:

UpUpUp wrote:

I only use my 1st Premier to pay my NETFLEX bill every month. So i don't use mine in the public maybe once when i first got it not that i'm ashamed to use it. Now if push come to shove i will pull it out to use in a emergency. But basically i'm just using it to rebuild.

I did most of my spending online with it too. I didn't feel so bad about my orchard card, which I still also have because they keep waiving my AF and last time reversed my CLI fee. I don't mind using that one. But the 1st Premier card ugly design even looks like it shouts "Hey, this person has bad credit".
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpUpUp wrote:

1st Premier card ugly design even looks like it shouts "Hey, this person has bad credit".

You silly lol yes the card design makes you not wanna use it at all. I don't like my Wal-Mart card also big old smiley face on the card lol. but i think you can design your own card on there website i'm thinking about doing that.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 08-09-2008 08:48 AM
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.