Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does JcPenney pull from?

tag
creditchick
Established Member

Where does JcPenney pull from?

Hi All,

Does anyone know from credit agency JcPenney pulls the reports from? I want to apply but only if they pull from Transunion or Exquifax. I have too many pulls from Experian. I have zero late payments or anything negatively affecting my score. The only thing hurting me is a little bit of a balance and not a lot of credit history (I'm only 20).

3/3 - 670 Transunion
4/26 - 686 Equifax

3/4/12 - 736 Transunion
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where does JcPenney pull from?

For me, JCPenney (and all GEMB cards) pull from EQ.

JCPenney is a pretty easy approval and they gave me a nice starting CL.  I was rebuilding and they opened at $1200, went to $1800 after four months.  Historically, I think GEMB cards have given CLI's after every fourth statement if you call and ask for one.

Hope that's helpful!

Message 2 of 12
creditchick
Established Member

Ah, well that's reassuring! Maybe I have a shot then. If they pull from EQ they won't be able to see my pulls on Experian, is that correct?

3/3 - 670 Transunion
4/26 - 686 Equifax

3/4/12 - 736 Transunion
Message 3 of 12
vish1
Valued Contributor

@creditchick wrote:

Ah, well that's reassuring! Maybe I have a shot then. If they pull from EQ they won't be able to see my pulls on Experian, is that correct?

They may soft EX but you should still have a good shot. good luck

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 12
creditchick
Established Member

Ah, Gotcha! I think I might wait another month or two. I just realized that one of my cards (Bloomingdales) is still reporting a balance of $421 and it's currently paid down to $1?? something, can't remember the exact number.

Currently I would have four pulls on Experian (three approved, one denial)  and one pull on Equifax (denial). If I wait till July, I'll have two of the pulls be a year old on Experian and it will give me some time to pay down a little more. Smiley Very Happy It's tempting to apply but I do NOT want to get another denial!

3/3 - 670 Transunion
4/26 - 686 Equifax

3/4/12 - 736 Transunion
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditchick -

Hey - welcome by the way!!!  Glad you're here.

And it sounds like you're a smart and savvy creditchick.  Glad to see folks who think things through when looking at an app.

You're a great role model for us all!  (Wish I would have listened to more folks like you when I did my mini-app spree a year and a half ago!)  Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 12
kjm79
Valued Contributor

JcPenny has pulled TU for me.  Hard when I opened and soft for CLI's.  I'm in AZ if it makes a difference. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 7 of 12
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@kjm79 wrote:

JcPenny has pulled TU for me.  Hard when I opened and soft for CLI's.  I'm in AZ if it makes a difference. 

I believe that where you are does make a difference. FWIW, I'm in Florida, and they pulled TU.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@kjm79 wrote:

I believe that where you are does make a difference. FWIW, I'm in Florida, and they pulled TU.

Im in MD, any idea?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 12
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

I app'd yesterday and they pulled TU.  Good luck!

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.