Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my chip card Capital One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is my chip card Capital One?

Is anyone else still waiting for Capital One to replace their non-chip card with a chip card? All the people I know that have some form of Cap1 cards (at least 5 people) have all gotten replacement cards in the mail with chips in them automatically. Even the picture when I log in my account has showed a chip card for a few months now. Still nothing in my mailbox. Are they phasing these in by last name or something?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where is my chip card Capital One?

It took them forever to send me one. I rarely use my QS. One day I got a letter stating that my "Credit Card was compromised and we are sending you a new card with a new number". A week later I rec'd a new card with new number and the chip.

I have no idea how my card could possibly have been "compromised" since it sits in my SD.

Strange.

Message 2 of 10
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is anyone else still waiting for Capital One to replace their non-chip card with a chip card? All the people I know that have some form of Cap1 cards (at least 5 people) have all gotten replacement cards in the mail with chips in them automatically. Even the picture when I log in my account has showed a chip card for a few months now. Still nothing in my mailbox. Are they phasing these in by last name or something?

I requested one a couple months ago when I contacted Customer Service for something else, and they sent one no questions asked. I had wondered if it was phased in by expiration date. My card isn't set to expire until 2017, and the new one has the same expiration date. 

I still haven't gotten a chip card from Discover either (also doesn't expire until next year).

Message 3 of 10
Jamgal40
Contributor

I had to call and requested one. While on the same call I did a PC from the Platinum to the QS and that's how I got th.e chip card. It seemed as if they forgot about us

Fico 8 Feb 29 '16: EQ 606| TU 586| EX 617 Currently: EQ 656 | TU 652| EX 686
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i received an email from capital one saying they sent out chip enabled card to me, I didn't request it because whenever I did request for a chip enabled card, their response was "it will be automatically upgraded to chip enabled card".

and finally i will be getting the new card... I hope I get the card, it's been about a week since they said they sent out the card.

Message 5 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I got the chip card replacement for my Quicksilver Visa automatically, but the replacement for my Quicksilver MasterCard was never mentioned. 

Finally I gave up waiting around for it and I requested a replacement card on the website, and within a few days I had my new chip card. 

If you use the website as I did, be sure not to report the card lost or stolen or you'll end up with a new account number; you want the option for damaged, broke, etc.

caplost.jpg

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had chipped cards since the end of 2013. Why are you guys still using non-chipped cards?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get one until I pc my account.

I would just ask for a replacement card.
Message 8 of 10
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It took them forever to send me one. I rarely use my QS. One day I got a letter stating that my "Credit Card was compromised and we are sending you a new card with a new number". A week later I rec'd a new card with new number and the chip.

I have no idea how my card could possibly have been "compromised" since it sits in my SD.

Strange.

It's possible they sent out a chip card to you automatically, someone intercepted it in the mail and tried to activate or use it. 

I'm starting to wonder if that happened to me, since for about four months I've had a message when I log in saying "We recently sent you a new chip card. Activate it now. Or report a lost or stolen card." Have never seen the card. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bman70 - My mail is pretty reliable where i live, but who knows - you may be on to something!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.