Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my luv Discover? #Jealous

tag
burberryboy007
Valued Member

Re: Where's my luv Discover? #Jealous

@lg8302ch wrote:

I PCd my More to the IT card after 2 months as I did not see anything which would make sense to keep the More. Discover was the card with my lowest limit 2,5K and I have been trying to match my 2nd lowest limit for all this time and got turned down at 6, 9 and 12 months marks. Just a few days ago another 3 months have passed and I did it again but this time with great success. The 2,5K CLI I requested got fully approved after 3 denials and best of all it was a SP. 

I wish you all the best and hopefully soon success too Smiley Happy

Thank u for the well wishes lol...it looks like the PC possibly helped, maybe they interpreted it as u trying to stay with them for the long run? I'm trying to crack their code like some posters did for Barclays

American Express Gold Card NPSL | NEFCU Platinum Visa 7.5k | Amazon Store Card 6.5k | Discover More 5.5k | American Express Delta Gold Skymiles 3k | Barclaycard Arrival+ 1.5k |
Starting Score: 664
Current Score: 745
Goal Score: 800

Message 11 of 15
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I'll hit the 6month cycle this week..... No luv from them ........my luv button doesn't work....when I hit request CLI link it doesn't ask for anything, just says call a number.  I have a toy limit, been allowing up to 10% to report......usually PIF .   I generally charge 4-6 hundred a month.  What am I doing wrong?

Message 12 of 15
burberryboy007
Valued Member

@efranklin23 wrote:

@burberryboy007 wrote:

I currently have a Discover More for over 7 years and only got 1 CLI during that time period. So for all of you getting CLIs from Discover, do you have the new IT card or is it another type?

it doesn't matter what card you have from Discover. They have always been pretty laid back when it comes to their CLIs. If you want a higher limit, just ask for one (always expect an HP when pulling for credit to play it safe). And if you have the More Card, I would PC over to the IT card as the benefits are much better. But before you get started, do you have any baddies on CR and if so, how many in the last 2 years? 

Nope no baddies for me in that time period..the last 1 was a 60 day late payment from 2010

American Express Gold Card NPSL | NEFCU Platinum Visa 7.5k | Amazon Store Card 6.5k | Discover More 5.5k | American Express Delta Gold Skymiles 3k | Barclaycard Arrival+ 1.5k |
Starting Score: 664
Current Score: 745
Goal Score: 800

Message 13 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@burberryboy007 wrote:

I currently have a Discover More for over 7 years

Has your credit improved over those 7 years?  One can't just expect a CLI for X amount of time.

Message 14 of 15
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Ive had mine a year, credit scores above 780... use the card regularly... never had an increase... when I try to do a manual one I get notified that there will be a hard pull so I decline.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.