Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where should I go from here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where should I go from here?

I posted here a few months ago (if you want to hear my sap story it's here Smiley Tongue) and since then I've managed to get the baddies off my report.

So here I am with clean reports, I decided to try to apply for a few CCs. Of course, the key word being a few. I should have known better, especially since my reports got pulled by me to fix them a few months ago and then again last month when I got a new card. So naturally with high inq's and a util thats about 50% right now, I was declined.

I'm going to work on getting that util down to close to nothing, but I have two questions: 1) how long should I wait to try again given the high inqs; and 2) what would be my best option when I finally do apply, so I don't use up a lot of inqs again. A CU card? Or is there a certain bank thats best?

Bear in mind my situation too. If you didnt read the link, here's the reader's digest. Young (24), limited credit history, 2 Orchard Bank Cards and 1 Cap One (although I'm now an AU on my gfs Citi with a $4.5k limit), not a student, and previously had one baddie that is no longer dragging me down.

Thanks for your input! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where should I go from here?

Depends on the number of inqs you have.  Inqs remain for 2 years.

Message 2 of 3
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Where should I go from here?

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted here a few months ago (if you want to hear my sap story it's here Smiley Tongue) and since then I've managed to get the baddies off my report.

So here I am with clean reports, I decided to try to apply for a few CCs. Of course, the key word being a few. I should have known better, especially since my reports got pulled by me to fix them a few months ago and then again last month when I got a new card. So naturally with high inq's and a util thats about 50% right now, I was declined.

I'm going to work on getting that util down to close to nothing, but I have two questions: 1) how long should I wait to try again given the high inqs; and 2) what would be my best option when I finally do apply, so I don't use up a lot of inqs again. A CU card? Or is there a certain bank thats best?

Bear in mind my situation too. If you didnt read the link, here's the reader's digest. Young (24), limited credit history, 2 Orchard Bank Cards and 1 Cap One (although I'm now an AU on my gfs Citi with a $4.5k limit), not a student, and previously had one baddie that is no longer dragging me down.

Thanks for your input! Smiley Happy

You can pull your own reports as many times as you want.  No hard inquiry there, and won't affect your scores whatsoever.  Only when you apply for new credit does it  result in a hard pull.  With that said, i would wait for another year to apply for anymore, and let those new tradelines age.  This will build your AAoA, and keep your balances low on what you have <10%.  After a year, your current inquiries won't hurt your scores any longer.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.