Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to a apply with an AU only EQ file and 805 scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to a apply with an AU only EQ file and 805 scores

My sister has been an authorized user on my accounts since 2010.  

Here credit check total does not show anything that says "authorized user"...the credit file l

ooks like it has two "Chase accounts" with 15 years of perfect payment history.   

Her age is plenty old enough, there is nothing about the credit file that looks different with these AU's. 

She is a member of Pen Fed. 

Will Pen Fed See these accounts as AU tradelines?   

She wants to apply right away. 

What other lenders/ banks would be good to apply with

with a file that only has two strong AU's, and been an AU for almost 5 years. 

Any suggestions to the best AU only lenders.  Does anyone have any direct experience with this? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to a apply with an AU only EQ file and 805 scores

Does she have a credit score?  

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does she have a credit score?  

In his thread title he says what her score is.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My sister has been an authorized user on my accounts since 2010.  

Here credit check total does not show anything that says "authorized user"...the credit file l

ooks like it has two "Chase accounts" with 15 years of perfect payment history.   

Her age is plenty old enough, there is nothing about the credit file that looks different with these AU's. 

She is a member of Pen Fed. 

Will Pen Fed See these accounts as AU tradelines?   

She wants to apply right away. 

What other lenders/ banks would be good to apply with

with a file that only has two strong AU's, and been an AU for almost 5 years. 

Any suggestions to the best AU only lenders.  Does anyone have any direct experience with this? 

Thanks

Welcome to the forums.

If she is a member of PenFed Id have her start there.  Credit Unions are great places to build credit and you tend to get more personal attention with thrm then the major banks.  Yes if they look they would see the accounts are AU accounts but that doesn't mean that they won't give her a credit card.

There is no such thing as a 'AU only lender'.  That is just part of the picture and her employment, income, time on job, etc are all part of her credit portfolio.  Have her check places like Chase and American Express for any preapprovals.  While they are just a guide, they can be a good place to start.

Message 4 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no such thing as a 'AU only lender'. 

No but there are creditors (and scoring models) that do not consider accounts where one is an AU in making a credit decision.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id go with Cap 1 .

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, its 805 on EQ. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been looking at Cap One, its on our back up list if we see denials.  With Scores at 805, is it possible that upon appling, that she would be approved instantly, and the banks automated underwriting wont see the AU's or discount them, and UW them as primaries?  Nothing on the report indiscates they are AU's... in fact I was shocked to see here score was so high.    

I have read here that "Barclays" may be discounting them, could be a wasted HP, and possibly Discover too,  but then I have read conflicting reports on Discover, one report says they do count them.    

Certainly want to avoid any certain denials that is my goal here with this thread.   

I will try Pen Fed, and Amex too then if needed hit the backs ups like CapOne, Comenity, Maybe Alliance, DCU, &  report back, once I can get her 1-2 cards, then she will be set.  

Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

Id go with Cap 1 .

I have read from others who obtained 3k cap ones with files that posted 3 AU's recently, nothing else on the file.  So, I think your on the money here.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.