Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here?

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Where to go from here?

Thanks in no small part to this forum, I have been able to increase my total revolving CL from $8,050 to $33,600 in the last 3 months. My TransUnion FICO score from Walmart went from 655 to 744.

In that time, I was approved for a $2,000 BCE which is now $6,000, my Walmart store card went from $2,900 to $6,000, my Chase Freedom went from $1,500 to a $5,000 Signature, my Capital One Visa went from $1,500 to $6,000, my Capital One MC went from $750 to $5,000, my Discover More went from $1,000 to $4,500, and my Macy's store card went from $100 to $800.

I am carrying a $2,900 balance (with a 0% BT APR) on my Freedom card which puts that card at 58%, and all other cards have no balance which makes my total utilization 9%. The CLIs for Amex and both Capital One cards have not yet been updated on my reports, so I'm expecting another big boost from that next month. I'm also expecting a small ding whenever my most recent student loan starts reporting. I have 6 HPs on EX with 1 falling off next month, 8 HPs on TU with 1 falling off next month, and 15 HPs on EQ with 4 falling off next month.

I now almost have more revolving credit than I make in a year. My only other debt is an auto loan that is halfway paid off, and small student loans. My question to you now is, where should I go from here? Are there any must-have credit cards I should pursue (preferably without an AF)? Do I have any shot at improving the cards I already have, such as with lower APRs or PCs (Walmart in particular)? I keep getting balance transfer offers in the mail, but at this point I have no balances worth transferring. Am I to the point where I should give up for a while and stay in the garden, or can any of you think of a product that I don't have and might benefit from?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Where to go from here?

I would honestly hit the garden unless there is something you can find a use for that a card you have won't fit into. 

For instance if you travel a lot you could for a travel card (unless one of your cap1s is a venture) or something like that. 

Message 2 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Unless there is just one that you have to have, I would sit in the garden, watch them grow, watch your score grow.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UMM... HOW did you get Capital One to give you not 1 but 2 HUGE CLI's????????????

I mean I don't think most of us that have called and called and called could offer to send in $100 to pay for a $100 increase!!

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

Thanks in no small part to this forum, I have been able to increase my total revolving CL from $8,050 to $33,600 in the last 3 months. My TransUnion FICO score from Walmart went from 655 to 744.

In that time, I was approved for a $2,000 BCE which is now $6,000, my Walmart store card went from $2,900 to $6,000, my Chase Freedom went from $1,500 to a $5,000 Signature, my Capital One Visa went from $1,500 to $6,000, my Capital One MC went from $750 to $5,000, my Discover More went from $1,000 to $4,500, and my Macy's store card went from $100 to $800.

I am carrying a $2,900 balance (with a 0% BT APR) on my Freedom card which puts that card at 58%, and all other cards have no balance which makes my total utilization 9%. The CLIs for Amex and both Capital One cards have not yet been updated on my reports, so I'm expecting another big boost from that next month. I'm also expecting a small ding whenever my most recent student loan starts reporting. I have 6 HPs on EX with 1 falling off next month, 8 HPs on TU with 1 falling off next month, and 15 HPs on EQ with 4 falling off next month.

I now almost have more revolving credit than I make in a year. My only other debt is an auto loan that is halfway paid off, and small student loans. My question to you now is, where should I go from here? Are there any must-have credit cards I should pursue (preferably without an AF)? Do I have any shot at improving the cards I already have, such as with lower APRs or PCs (Walmart in particular)? I keep getting balance transfer offers in the mail, but at this point I have no balances worth transferring. Am I to the point where I should give up for a while and stay in the garden, or can any of you think of a product that I don't have and might benefit from?

I would stick in the garden for awhile, you've had great success so far.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

UMM... HOW did you get Capital One to give you not 1 but 2 HUGE CLI's????????????

I mean I don't think most of us that have called and called and called could offer to send in $100 to pay for a $100 increase!!

Sounds like he might've had their prime cards. 

Message 6 of 7
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I posted about this recently in the ongoing Capital One Executive Office thread. Turns out they're acutally accepting requests now for undewriter manual review.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.