Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheres my spade? I'm in the garden.

tag
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

Wheres my spade? I'm in the garden.

It's been a productive four months. I paid off all my CCs and went from my highest CL being my BofA plat at 1.2k to a CSP at 5k, with an amex sprinkled in there, back dated to 2002. With 7 HPs showing this year, someone please chain me to the garden fence. Smiley Happy

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Wheres my spade? I'm in the garden.

ERT's lockdown OP ASAP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 12
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

despite all the HPs, I think it was all worth it. Went from a total CL of 2.8k to about 12k. Next step is a mortgage this time next year. 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@hrdsurfer wrote:

despite all the HPs, I think it was all worth it. Went from a total CL of 2.8k to about 12k. Next step is a mortgage this time next year. 

Only way to get that mortgage is gardening Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 12
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

The whole thing just seems so daunting. I'm going in monday to a local CU to switch over from my big bank, and I'm going to ask about the propper steps to take to work towards that. 

Message 6 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@hrdsurfer wrote:

The whole thing just seems so daunting. I'm going in monday to a local CU to switch over from my big bank, and I'm going to ask about the propper steps to take to work towards that. 

1st step no new apps for credit you need scores as high as possible for best rates Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 12
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

A checking/savings account doesnt count as a HP, right? I'm not looking to open any LOC with them, I just want to establish a relationship, and get on the right track. No new accounts are a given, though. 

Message 8 of 12
1_2
Contributor

I got a hardpull last year from opening a checking account in a town I was working in for only six months. UGH! Ive since been transferred back to my home area and closed the account. I sent them a very nice letter and asked them if they would remove the hard but they said they cant. Double UGH!

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 9 of 12
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

@1_2 wrote:

I got a hardpull last year from opening a checking account in a town I was working in for only six months. UGH! Ive since been transferred back to my home area and closed the account. I sent them a very nice letter and asked them if they would remove the hard but they said they cant. Double UGH!

Really? was it a large bank, or a CU?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.