Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which AMEX is best...for YOU?

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Re: Which AMEX is best?

@Anonymous wrote:
. For instance, I didn't want to go with a charge card so I got the ED and BCE cards. This way I had one with points and one with cash back.

Do you find the points or the cash back more valuable?

Message 31 of 63
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The reason why "best" is subjective is that "bang for your buck" depends on your spend patterns. If you spend $100k on groceries per year, OBC is going to be amazing for you. If it is only $6k, BCP is probably best. If you don't spend much on groceries, but travel a lot, another card will be preferable. If you want any useful feedback other than a listing of popular cards, we will need to know your approximate monthly spend patterns (amounts and types of stores), as well as any cards that you already have. 

The original question was posited just to get information like you gave just there. I'm interested in hearing about what OTHER people value and are experiencing in their personal scenarios. However in regards to myself specifically, I spend about $3000-$4000/mo on credit cards, and spend a lot on dining. I personally, am looking for cards that offer a high return per dollar, without having to reach any preset thresholds. And something that offers bonus points for dining would be optimal. Also, a no annual fee card would be ideal for me. Additionally, as originally stated, I'm not interested in the Platinum or airline specific cards.

Message 32 of 63
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd guess that SPG is the "best" card, in that you end up getting around 10% back at hotels. Overall, I'd guess at BCP. 

+1000000. SPG is one of the best rewards cards on the market. 

Do you find it easy to earn the SPG points?

Message 33 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex cards are like Pizza. It's all good, some is just better than others.

Message 34 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCE or BCP would be my choice.

Message 35 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does someone have a link for the OBC handy? 

Message 36 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here you go: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue-cash/25330

Message 37 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. (But it also looks like it's gone now.) 

Message 38 of 63
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. (But it also looks like it's gone now.) 

Idk, the link and the app page for the OBC are coming up OK for me, IME...

Message 39 of 63
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here you go: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue-cash/25330

Wow, I just looked at the OBC terms and conditions, and it looks like the lowest-available current APR is 17.24% V!  Smiley Surprised  With a high double-digit interest rate like that, why would someone want to app for it?  Why not instead get a rewards card that also has a single-digit APR, that would really seem to be better all-around, in MHO?

Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.